Is Flight of the Amazon Queen a good game

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pinkfloyd789

Is Flight of the Amazon Queen a good game

Post by pinkfloyd789 »

Just wondering
spacetroll

Post by spacetroll »

It's free, and downloadable on the ScummVM downloads page. Meaning YOU can decide if you think it's good without spending time or money trying to find it.
pinkfloyd789

Post by pinkfloyd789 »

OH so kind of like Beneath a Steel Sky.
saulob

Post by saulob »

oh yeah. amazing huh ? :)
pinkfloyd789

Post by pinkfloyd789 »

LOL,Flight of the Amazon Queen is horrible.

Why couldn`t there be a Gabriel Knight game for free.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

LOL,Flight of the Amazon Queen is horrible.
Why?

I think it's a great game, it has the charm of the old adventures, it's fun to play and it's free...

Too bad you don't like it
pinkfloyd789

Post by pinkfloyd789 »

Don`t get me wrong, it`s good,but it doesn`t have the charm as other adventure game.
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

pinkfloyd789 wrote:LOL,Flight of the Amazon Queen is horrible.
pinkfloyd789 wrote: Don`t get me wrong, it`s good,but it doesn`t have the charm as other adventure game.
Sounds like you are either quick to judge or full of contradictions.

FYI - charm is a relative term. Such as, your post doesn't have the charm of other posts.
pinkfloyd789

Post by pinkfloyd789 »

What`s your problem.

While I may be contradicting a little, and you know what I mean by charm.

I think that there is a term for you, a troll.

"Sounds like you are either quick to judge or full of contradictions",it`s called a mistake buddy.

So if your only purpose is to point out the errors a person makes,then be my guest,but if your rude about it,then we have a problem! (Sorry about the run-on sentence!)
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

You ask how a free game is, then 3 days later come back and claim it is horrible. When other people here gently remind you the game is free you suddenly backtrack citing a lack of 'charm', and then when you get called out you claim it was a "mistake" and call me a troll.

Considering you just joined like a week ago and have made all of 22 posts I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't actually know what a troll is... because in my book it's someone who shows up and makes comments like yours. Not a stable member who has been around.

So, if your only purpose is to come on here and rail free games by calling them "horrible" and then you can expect replies like mine.

Take a moment to think before you post. Your question about Monkey Island Madness is easily answered if you took the time to read the compatibility page. And your other posts are just general pleas for the community to tell you what to buy and then where to buy from. Well guess what, people come in here and ask that question every bloody month. Then, when you get your hands on a copy of a free game you call it horrible. I kindly answered your questions about MI1 and 2 and whether or not they had voices, even though that ALSO can easily be found in the sites faqs.

The people on the scummvm forums are more than willing to help new users, but those users have to put a little effort forward. So far your posts have primarily been a flood of newbie questions that can easily be looked up as well as an instant bashing of games that you didn't even have to pay for.

You are the one being rude 'buddy' by not reading the faqs, calling games many people here enjoy horrible(its a totally different thing to say you simply dislike something), and calling anyone who you think offends you a troll.

With that said, try to put a little effort forward and as I said before, you'll find that this is a very helpful community.
pinkfloyd789

Post by pinkfloyd789 »

FYI "Buddy" maybe I`ve been on other sites, did you think about that Einstein?

Like I said before,you are a troll.

You make me sick!

"You are the one being rude 'buddy' by not reading the faqs, calling games many people here enjoy horrible(its a totally different thing to say you simply dislike something), and calling anyone who you think offends you a troll"

Very deep,look everybody we have a new Ghandi or Martin Luther King Jr.

Listen I don`t want to cause a fight, so let`s resolve this.

You don`t answer my questions,and I`ll not answer yours.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Let's not get out of hand here. Just keep it cool.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

clone2727 wrote:Let's not get out of hand here. Just keep it cool.
i think your 2-4 posts late... :P
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

moderatorial: the topic has been locked