Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

GAdmThrawn

IHNM I have no Mouth and I Must Scream game not found

Post by GAdmThrawn »

scummVM version 0.11.0svn
"scummVM could not find any game in the specified directory!"

I'm using the full install option.

As a note, this is the same error I got when I had the normal release version of scummVM. I'm trying to point to the SCREAM directory for the game.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

you dont usually need to 'install' scummvm games. just copy and paste the cd contents
GAdmThrawn

Post by GAdmThrawn »

You're right, thanks--I just copied all the cd contents to a directory and that worked fine.

On the other hand, the game crashed when I tried to save.

However, thanks for the initial boost!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

GAdmThrawn wrote: On the other hand, the game crashed when I tried to save.
Sounds like this bug report.
sephim

Post by sephim »

I'm having the same problem with IHNM but I am using the latest release binary of ScummVM (0.10.0).

I checked the compatibility list for the game and in the blurb at the beginning it states "This is the compatibility of the current WIP SVN version, not of the 0.10.0 stable release" - the WIP SVN of which I'm not certain where to find and if it's a developers stage version I'm not sure I'd have the current know-how to work it.

I do find it a little bit strange that the news page states for Sept. 16th "Get the latest daily build of ScummVM and your English, German, French, Spanish or Russian version of the game and fight the evil super computer!", the link for which doesn't seem to want me to play the game.

So, as close to an explanation for all this would be very much appreciated - I've heard good things about this game (even though I've heard Harlan Ellison is a bit of a prick).
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

sephim wrote:I'm having the same problem with IHNM but I am using the latest release binary of ScummVM (0.10.0).
No, you need the latest daily build out of the SVN repository (0.11.0SVN), the latest release (0.10.0) is already a while back and hasn't support for IHNM.
sephim wrote:the WIP SVN of which I'm not certain where to find
The link to that section in the downloads, found in the news item as well, is
http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php#SVN
It has a link to a "Win32 Daily Snapshot", which is
http://scummvm.sourceforge.net/download ... mwin32.exe
(If you're on a different OS, then I'm afraid there aren't any daily builds for you and you'd have to grab the source and compile it yourself)
sephim wrote:if it's a developers stage version
Yes, it's a "developers stage version", so to speak. It's a binary compiled out of the most current code for the day.
sephim wrote:I'm not sure I'd have the current know-how to work it.
That daily build doesn't need any special know-how, it's a simple Windows EXE.
But as I said, if you're on a different OS, you do need a bit special know-how, like how to access a SVN repository and how to compile something from source.
sephim wrote:the link for which doesn't seem to want me to play the game.
You probably followed the wrong link.
sephim

Post by sephim »

DrMcCoy wrote:
sephim wrote:I'm having the same problem with IHNM but I am using the latest release binary of ScummVM (0.10.0).
No, you need the latest daily build out of the SVN repository (0.11.0SVN), the latest release (0.10.0) is already a while back and hasn't support for IHNM.
Thanks for the quick reply and advice, I will give this a shot.

Thanks also for the opportunity to play games that I haven't played in years that have been sitting on my shelf and would have remained so if it weren't for people who CARED about games coming up with the scummVM project.