Goblins III, M3-SD, lockup after developer logo movie

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

shadowcode

Post by shadowcode »

Oh, looks like you're right. Was looking at the handle maximum, but there's a define in gba_nds_fat.h as well.

Upping #define MAX_FILES_OPEN 4 to 8 in gba_nds_fat.h seems to have fixed the issue.
shadowcode

Post by shadowcode »

Just noticed that (with this fix? Can't tell) the game locks up at loading/saving if the savedir (scummvm setting) has been set to a directory that already contains. (whether it crashes on the number of files, or the number of files that aren't saves, I don't know).

Workaround is to set the save directory to an empty directory.
shadowcode

Post by shadowcode »

Has anyone gotten the CD version of GOB3 to work on the NDS?
JunkieXP

Post by JunkieXP »

I also got Issues on Saving with my R4DS so your not the Only one.

But on the other hand, I just used the files you posted in the beginning and it worked fine for me (except the Saving).

Already finished the first level about 15 times with several configurations and still locks up on Saving.

Edit: I tried to use the PC version with the exact same files as shadowcode in his startpost and this version worked just fine, text is in English in stead off my French DS version (don't know why). And I can save easily, after a While i found the way how to load a Savegame on the DS version but that didn't accept gob3.s00

PS. Is it normall that the ScummVM start screen isn't very clear while everything is so small?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I also got Issues on Saving with my R4DS so your not the Only one.
Have you set a save path in the options screen? Shadowcode mentioned that saving works fine if this isn't set.

Are you using the latest version of ScummVM DS downloaded from the downloads page here? http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php

Earlier betas had problems saving in Goblins 3 which were fixed in the final release.
JunkieXP

Post by JunkieXP »

I've tried both <Default> and setting an existing Path.

I'm Using ScummVM.d 0.10.0a downloaded yesterday from download section.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Well, shadowcode did say that the CD version didn't even boot for him, so I find it odd that you can play the game at all. It seems that the different language versions of Goblins 3 are more different than I would have thought. The version I tested was the English floppy version.

I'll have to see if I can take a look at this for the next version.
JunkieXP

Post by JunkieXP »

I can Upload my CD version for you (on my personal Server), so you can test this, or is this illegal, I tought it was permitted for 24hours, which seems to be enough for testing purposal.
clem

Post by clem »

JunkieXP wrote:I can Upload my CD version for you (on my personal Server), so you can test this, or is this illegal, I tought it was permitted for 24hours, which seems to be enough for testing purposal.
urban myth, the duration is actually 0hours, 0 minutes :)
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Nope, you can't upload your copy for me. I'm going to have to buy/beg/borrow a copy. It's very possible that the fix to the number of open files will fix your saving issue. I'll see if I can get a test build running.
shadowcode

Post by shadowcode »

I'm still having issues even with the max files inc'd.
Got my debugger up and running but I haven't had time yet due to work (wooh, minicrunch at Triumph! \o/)
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

shadowcode wrote:Has anyone gotten the CD version of GOB3 to work on the NDS?
Not sure if this applies to the DS port (it probably does), but there appears to be a bug in the gob engine that makes the CD version of gob3 crash on a large number of "non-standard" platforms (PSP, DreamCast, WinCE, etc.), see also: this bug report.

Unfortunately though, none of the porters seem to own the CD version of Goblins 3, and the main gob engine developer doesn't have a platform where it crashes on, so this has yet to be fixed. :)
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

It looks like this issue has been fixed, so the cd version of Goblins 3 should work in the next version.