Games

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Cowlesz

Games

Post by Cowlesz »

Where can I get games for this thingy?

Im a complete and total newcomer so Im not really sure what to do with ScummVM.

I had an older version of ScummVM and then I downloaded the one from this site and now, The curse of Money island doesnt work on it. What going on?
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

Where can I get games for this thingy?
Buy some at your local software outlet, provided it carries games compatible with ScummVM. Get the freeware and PD ones. Purchase them online. Find someone to borrow them from. There's a multitude of options here.
I had an older version of ScummVM and then I downloaded the one from this site
That would mean the one you were using before didn't come from here? How come?
and now, The curse of Money island doesnt work on it
Define "doesn't work". Are there errors (then cite the error text, if you don't mind), does it cimply crash or what? Only the big software companies can afford to outsource research on cases such as yours to telepaths, everyone else would need a little more information.

Just my two cents. I'm fairly certain the ScummVM devs would ask the same questions.
seubz

Post by seubz »

Just my two cents. I'm fairly certain the ScummVM devs would ask the same questions.
Noelemahc: pretty funny, but I'm sure you meant answer and not ask ;)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

seubz wrote:
Noelemahc: pretty funny, but I'm sure you meant answer and not ask ;)
Oh, I don't know... some of the games are next to impossible to find (or simply unreasonably expensive) even for ScummVM developers. That's why the FM Towns versions of some games aren't as well supported as the DOS versions.