Nokia E61i installation difficulties

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hyoytpyora

Nokia E61i installation difficulties

Post by hyoytpyora »

Hi there and pardon my general n00bness - I have browsed the wiki and forums but so far have not found help for this:

I cannot get the ScummVM S60 3rd ed. to install on my Nokia E61i. All I get are "Expired authentication" error msgs. I have tried to set the phone date for an earlier date, but so far have not found the "right" date setting for ScummVM to install correctly.

From what I´v read on this forum I take that ScummVM runs farily smoothly on E60, so what should I do? Please advice!
Last edited by hyoytpyora on Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

This is a date problem. Set the date and year in your phone to a) Correct date b) Date between 2006-2007 (june). Old certificates from Symbian sdk only lasted one year. I have regenerated the certs now to last for 30 years.
hyoytpyora

Post by hyoytpyora »

Thanks. Do I need to reboot the phone after setting a new date? So far the attempts have yielded the same error msg as before, even with the new date set.

also, I now get a "Authentication error - please contact the software supplier"
hyoytpyora

Post by hyoytpyora »

DOH! Solution was way too simple (as it probably often is...)

On E61i menu go to

tools > app. control > options > settings > application installation > and choose "all".

Don't worry, the phone will still prompt you before anything is installed.