Clear sound in Flight of the Amazon Queen possible?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

murr4y

Clear sound in Flight of the Amazon Queen possible?

Post by murr4y »

Hi,

I finally managed to play Flight of the Amazon Queen on my DS with talkie sound using the mp3 version of the game. It's working fine but compared to the sound on the pc it's quite scratchy. Is it because of the DS capabilities or can I fix it somehow?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

mp3 audio takes more processing power that the original audio files, so if the sound is breaking up (small gaps in the sound), switching back to the original audio will fix it.

The mixing rate is also lower than the Pc. This can be improved by choosing the high quality audio option on the ds options screen. You must reboot your Ds for this option to take effect. This may also slow down the game, so if the sound breaks up with it enabled, try again with the original audio files.
murr4y

Post by murr4y »

switching back to the original audio will fix it.
Unfortunately the original version doesn't work, the screen just turns black.
What do you mean by high quality? Choosing the 48khz output rate?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

For the high quality audio, press select during the game, then tick the box marked 'high quality audio'.

The original audio files definately do work, I've used them many times. Get the data from here: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~zino/scummvm/queen/
murr4y

Post by murr4y »

I put the extracted file "queen.1" (186 MB) on my card but ScummVM says that there is no game in that directory where I put it. Tried to rename it to "queen.1c" like the mp3 file but it didn't work either. :?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

murr4y wrote:I put the extracted file "queen.1" (186 MB) on my card but ScummVM says that there is no game in that directory where I put it. Tried to rename it to "queen.1c" like the mp3 file but it didn't work either. :?
I believe that for the original, uncompressed file, you almost always need the queen.tbl file mentioned on the game's compatibility page.

Renaming the file to queen.1c will not work. You're trying to trick ScummVM that it's a compressed file, when it's not.