iPod Touch/iPhone Port?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Don Leut

Post by Don Leut »

Klaus wrote:Nice! Though, for me F5 is more like "hold one finger down and swipe it up".

Now if you get sound running this is THE iphone killer app!

Thanks!
It´s even without sound awesome. But with sound... i´m excited.
alden

Post by alden »

yea sound is the next step, but im totally happy with this new version! with save game support the games are now perfect playable and its amazing how fast you did this, we appreciate that much!you should get this to the installer now, there are so many garbage apps around there...this app is definitely the killer app now along with the nes emulator, the best 2 apps on the touch/iphone!
ifletcher

Post by ifletcher »

i'd really prefer a method like term-vt100 uses, you click and swipe to the button you want! that's a GREAT concept!

I'm not sure if you can implement that, but i it's just an idea!

greetz, fletcher
Hansi

Post by Hansi »

The latest version is working great, but there are some issues aside from sound.

Flight of the Amazon Queen freezes during the intro and if you skip it it will freeze when gameplay starts.

Beneath a Steel Sky freezes at the intro.

Loom froze a short bit into the game.

Monkey Island 2 is stuck on the copy protection.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis had problems where the text for the commands does not show up. Also with no way of inputing 0 fighting is a bust :P

Broken Sword 1 & 2 seem to work fine but there is no way of accessing the inventory

Day of the Tentacle, Maniac Mansion and Monkey Island 1 all seem to work fine.

Looking for my Sam & Max disk now to test that aswell.
baklava

Post by baklava »

Yeah everything works fine now with the 1.0.2 Firmware. The mousepointer should be corrected a little bit upwards left. F5 key movement works good for me. Keep on the good work. :)
R91

Post by R91 »

Hi,

This is fantastic and work fine. Thank Vinterstum!!

I Play Maniac Mansion and Monkey Island 1, but Monkey Island 2 have the copy protection and Monkey Island 3 close the ScummVM (don´t work)
R91

Post by R91 »

Broken Sword 1 & 2 seem to work fine but there is no way of accessing the inventory

How you have managed to operate bs2?

I download a demo from Game Zone that weighed 11.9 mb (zip file) I copy all to the ipod touch.

Then I started scummvm, add game, select the folder from the demo and I told him that was the demo.

But when I start the game, it close the scummvm like Monkey Island 3
Don Leut

Post by Don Leut »

Is it possible, that you didn´t change the permissions?
R91

Post by R91 »

I changed the permissions to 755 (all folder and files)
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

The higher res games like COMI and Broken Sword won't work too well for now, at least until I optimize the screen updating code a bit.
R91

Post by R91 »

I thought this, but people says that bs2 work fine, I think that I do thing wrong

PD:Sorry for my bad English :lol: I´m 16 years old and Spanish
alden

Post by alden »

Hansi wrote:
Flight of the Amazon Queen freezes during the intro and if you skip it it will freeze when gameplay starts.

Flight of the Amazon Queen is working for me but u can't save a game you also need a keyboard input here
Sam&Max also works fine...
mondocondo

Post by mondocondo »

with the whole keyboard matter, i had the same problem with inherit the earth, the work around for now is creating a save on the computer, example for ite, locate your scummvm folder, mine being "c:\program files\scummvm" then find your save file, ite being ite.s00, copy that into "\Applications\ScummVM.app\"here"" should work from that, i created a new game and used that save file so i just overwrite when i want to save.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Vinterstum wrote:Hopefully I can use the inbuilt iPhone soft keyboard, but I haven't looked at that part at all yet. In either case it'll probably require some sort of activation (mouse gesture) to pull up though, our game engines don't have any way of telling the backends that keyboard input is desired.
Actually, there is a way:

Code: Select all

OSystem::setFeatureState(OSystem::kFeatureVirtualKeyboard, true);
which some engines use already.
zark

Post by zark »

Sensational work, Vinterstum!