Daily Builds / SVN / Betas

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Illuminerdi

Daily Builds / SVN / Betas

Post by Illuminerdi »

Are there daily builds/SVN/betas of upcoming DS port versions posted anywhere, or does it just get posted sporadically, when agentq has time to update it (which usually seems to happen after new version releases of the base code).

In a similar vein, will the DS be able to handle SAGA games like I Have No Mouth, or is that too RAM intensive, like The Dig and Full Throttle?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

There are no plans to release any betas or daily builds at the moment. Testing a new release takes up a lot of my time so I prefer to do this when a new release is imminent, in order to make sure that everything works before a stable release. Releasing broken betas is just a way of getting many more bug reports from those who use a beta instead of the stable versions.

There may be exceptions to this, however, when a new feature needs testing.
Smothermunchie

Post by Smothermunchie »

Quick question for Agentq.

So are you completely finished with the Scumm port for DS?

I mean, there's really nothing else that can be done, correct?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Nope, I'm definately not finsihed with the DS port of ScummVM. There are several new features that are being worked on, and there's always the time taken up by keeping up with the latest developments in the main ScummVM code base.

Sadly, there are always bugs to fix too!
Shtroodle

Post by Shtroodle »

I almost started a new topic for this but then I noticed that Illuminerdi mentioned the same thing in his post.

Is there a possibility of getting "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream" to work in a DS build? I know the game uses SAGA engine just like "Inherit the Earth" but I expect it to be out of DS' "range" (hardware wise).

Thanks for a reply.
tomten

Post by tomten »

Shtroodle wrote:Is there a possibility of getting "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream" to work in a DS build?
This has been answered in several different threads recently. IHNM will not work until the new Runaway2-style UI for ScummVMDS is finished. ;]
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

No, I Have No Mouth will not run on the DS ever, because of it's 640x480 resolution (among other reasons).

You could always buy a GP2X!