iPod Touch/iPhone Port?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

zark

Post by zark »

Monkey Island 2 works, with some effort. You need to copy a savegame into /var/root/.scummvm on your device, then start it by SSH-ing into the device and running:

/Applications/ScummVM.app/ScummVM -d0 -b 103 monkey2

(If you have vterm-100 installed, you can run it that way too.) That'll launch the game to a point where you can tap-swipe to bring up the menu and load your game.
baklava

Post by baklava »

I noticed with Monkey Island 1, that the cursor actually clicks at the point right under your fingertip. It's just the mousepointer image, that is not at the right position. It's not just in the game, but also in the main menu.
Yixian

Post by Yixian »

Jesus christ... phenomenal work guys!!

Any ETA on full sound support?

And can you pull up the onscreen keyboard during the game? Maybe create a gesture to do that in case qwerty key taps are ever needed in a game etc.
rotane

Post by rotane »

Hansi wrote: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis had problems where the text for the commands does not show up.
I can confirm this.
Vinterstum wrote: Ah wasn't aware of the 1 pixel offset issue, thanks :).
rotane wrote: Any time! I'll let you know about other games once I tested them.
Tested Indy 4 - and there the screen is not 1 pixel off!
SpARC

Post by SpARC »

Awesome!! I love you guys.. :D
SpARC

Post by SpARC »

The empty space (matte) is on top.. wouldn't it be better to bring it to bottom? Would be easier to choose the options at the lower end (which is also designed black in most games).

Just a thought.

Bad english I know :roll: Hope you do understand what I mean..
featurex

Post by featurex »

just registered to say keep up the good work, checking page 30 times a day to check for updates :)

have one slight problem at the moment - maybe someone can help - somehow i can't manage to scroll down to add games ...

anybody else with the same problem?

thx 8)
Don Leut

Post by Don Leut »

Jep. I named the folder "a ScummVM Files". But I tried scrolling a few minutes ago and - it works now...
rotane

Post by rotane »

Scrolling is kinda difficult, but it is possible to do. You have to hit the bar to the right with the tip of your finger - but take into account that the mouse pointer is slightly off (a bit too much to the lower right).
featurex

Post by featurex »

Don Leut wrote:Jep. I named the folder "a ScummVM Files". But I tried scrolling a few minutes ago and - it works now...
created a new folder (not in root/media since i didnt manage to get there) - when copying a game (13mb) an error message pops up saying that i should delete some music / video due to capacity problen, even thow i have 6gb free. Is space outside the root limited????

I just ignored the message and was able to play :) good work!

rotane wrote:Scrolling is kinda difficult, but it is possible to do. You have to hit the bar to the right with the tip of your finger - but take into account that the mouse pointer is slightly off (a bit too much to the lower right).
Maybe i'm doing something wrong - double tap then scroll or tap, hold and tap with oder finger???

thx for the help sofar :)
mondocondo

Post by mondocondo »

do it in /var/"here"
thats where i put it
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

featurex wrote:when copying a game (13mb) an error message pops up saying that i should delete some music / video due to capacity problen, even thow i have 6gb free. Is space outside the root limited????
Sadly, the iPhone/iPod Touch flash disk is in two partitions. One -- the extremely large one -- for videos and music, and the other, much smaller, for the OS, programs, and program files. If you have a terminal program on your iPhone/Pod (like Term-vt100), type in "df" and hit enter. That will show you the capacity and free space on each of the partitions (ignore the /dev partition).

Serious suckage, I know :( I hope someone figures out a good way to repartition that. I'd gladly give up a gig of music space for programs, especially now that ScummVM for iPhone is underway and the Gameboy Advance emulator is out!
Last edited by TomFrost on Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

TomFrost wrote: Serious suckage, I know :( I hope someone figures out a good way to repartition that. I'd gladly give up a gig of music space for programs, especially now that ScummVM for iPhone is underway and the Gameboy Advance emulator is out!
I've got my games on the big partition under /var/root, works just fine :).
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Vinterstum wrote:I've got my games on the big partition under /var/root, works just fine :).
Hee, good point! For anyone who's not sure what this means, the big partition is mounted on the path /private/var. So anything you put on the phone in that folder (or any folder under that, like /private/var/root/Media), goes in the big partition and doesn't clog up your OS space.

And a quick though, Vinterstum-- With the advent of the new Installer.app and the PXL package management system, it would be super easy for you/the dev team to add a .xml file to this site for us to use as a repository in Installer. That way, you just update the version number in the XML when you update ScummVM, and all of our phones get the change! Just something to chew on :)
paolopasseri

Niceeee

Post by paolopasseri »

First let me say...really nice job!!! This is the perfect plataform for ScummVM.

Some suggestions:

1. Turn the iPhone to it's side = play <---> let it straight = save menu

2. Hide the cursor

3. Make the main interface like iPhone (NES.app) (jut consmetic change)

I know these are not easy....Very nice work!

Cheers