iPhone/iPod Touch Games Compatibility List

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

sinaloe wrote:I played the whole game and it did never crash.
Oh, I'm not questioning that :) You played it without sound, though -- I was suspecting that the sound may be what's causing the crashes I've had. Or maybe it's just a fluke :). I think the first one I encountered was when I first played the owls' draft in the woods.
sinaloe wrote:The Dig works for me with 20071118_1906. I can move around and I hear the speech.
Good to hear! I'll update.

@iScummVM: Make sure you have speech enabled in the game options once you start playing. Mine was off by default for some strange reason -- subtitles only.
sinaloe

Post by sinaloe »

Simon the Sorcerer 2 (CD/DOS/German) is playable but very slow. Saving is not possible because I need to type ENTER.
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

sinaloe wrote:Simon the Sorcerer 2 (CD/DOS/German) is playable but very slow. Saving is not possible because I need to type ENTER.
Eep -- the return key on the keyboard doesn't handle that?
sinaloe

Post by sinaloe »

I played Loom (EGA/DOS/German) until the owls with sound. No crashes.
sinaloe

Post by sinaloe »

TomFrost wrote:
sinaloe wrote:Simon the Sorcerer 2 (CD/DOS/German) is playable but very slow. Saving is not possible because I need to type ENTER.
Eep -- the return key on the keyboard doesn't handle that?
you are right!
divinez0r

Post by divinez0r »

sinaloe wrote:The Dig works for me with 20071118_1906. I can move around and I hear the speech.
what version of The Dig? I still cannot play it using English/CD
sinaloe

Post by sinaloe »

divinez0r wrote:
what version of The Dig? I still cannot play it using English/CD
I have that version too.
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

sinaloe wrote:I played Loom (EGA/DOS/German) until the owls with sound. No crashes.
oo, that might be it. I have the VGA/CD version.

Anyway, I'll update StS2 now :)
markush8

Post by markush8 »

Concerning the Audio settings. Currently no matter what music driver I select, it get's back to <default>. Do I something wrong or is there currently no support for that?

In the "MIDI" tab, what is the difference between Mixed Adlib/MIDI mode, True Roland MT-32 and Enable Roland RS mode?
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

You can select other options in the list, it's just a bit awkward. Like, you can't click on them directly, you have to drag your finger down to it first.
markush8

Post by markush8 »

Oh, I thought they are not supported. Would be great if a "click" approach is working too. What option would provide the best sound quality?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

markush8 wrote: In the "MIDI" tab, what is the difference between Mixed Adlib/MIDI mode, True Roland MT-32 and Enable Roland RS mode?
Generally speaking, since I don't have an iPhone...

I don't have any first-hand knowledge of the Roland MT-32 or Roland GS, but I do know that LucasArts wrote several games before General MIDI was standardized. The MIDI music for these are often written for the Roland MT-32, which uses a different set of instruments than General MIDI does. ScummVM assumes that your MIDI hardware uses General MIDI, so it tries to re-map the instruments to something that's at least approximately right. (I think there are some other differences it tries to compensate for as well.)

I'm not sure exactly what the GS mode setting does, though the README file describes it.

The "Mixed Adlib/MIDI mode" is mainly, I believe, for Monkey Island 2. Some of the sound effects only exist as Adlib sounds, not MIDI. The mixed mode tells ScummVM to play the Adlib sound effects, even if it uses MIDI for the rest of the sound and music. In The Legend of Kyrandia, mixed mode always uses the Adlib sound effects.
markush8

Post by markush8 »

Any idea what would provide the best sound quality?
sandman4sure

Post by sandman4sure »

i finished indiana jones and the fate of atlantis without any trouble!
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Updated! Wrote in the new version and controls as well :)

EDIT: HOLY CRAP FULL THROTTLE IS FULLY PLAYABLE!!! Vinterstum, you're an effing genius :)

Edit 2: And the invisible actions glitch in Indy4: Atlantis is fixed!

Edit 3: COMI's playable as well! A few glitches with that, though -- I posted a list.