iPhone/iPod Touch Games Compatibility List

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

iScummVM

Post by iScummVM »

I can't seem to get the speech to work. I am trying to copy files from the original CD-ROM Idiana Jones FOA (ending up with 3-files in total). I have tried to rename the files with no luck. Could someone please point out what I might be doing wrong here. Do it matter what I name the folder on my iPhone perhaps? I am rather clueless.

I am running latest version of the port, Game info: CD/DOS/ENGLISH.

:oops:
clem

Post by clem »

iScummVM wrote:I can't seem to get the speech to work. I am trying to copy files from the original CD-ROM Idiana Jones FOA (ending up with 3-files in total). I have tried to rename the files with no luck. Could someone please point out what I might be doing wrong here. Do it matter what I name the folder on my iPhone perhaps? I am rather clueless.

I am running latest version of the port, Game info: CD/DOS/ENGLISH.
does the speech work on a PC version of ScummVM? The following files are needed, there's no need to rename files:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... f_Atlantis
iScummVM

Post by iScummVM »

clem wrote:
does the speech work on a PC version of ScummVM? The following files are needed, there's no need to rename files:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... f_Atlantis
Yes it runs with sound on my computer. Those file mentioned in that wiki is the same files I have on my iPhone right now.
I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Sound/speech enabled in ScummVM etc.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

@iScummVM: You have already violated Forum Rule 0. You will receive no further help here.
iScummVM

Post by iScummVM »

Simon the Sorcerer 2(CD/WINDOWS/ENGLISH)works great with latest version of the ScummVM, sounds etc all good, I am not able to save in game. Is there any know method for saving in this port? The hold+drag down doesnt seem to work.
clem

Post by clem »

iScummVM wrote:Simon the Sorcerer 2(CD/WINDOWS/ENGLISH)works great with latest version of the ScummVM, sounds etc all good, I am not able to save in game. Is there any know method for saving in this port? The hold+drag down doesnt seem to work.
clone2727 wrote:@iScummVM: You have already violated Forum Rule 0. You will receive no further help here.
iScummVM

Post by iScummVM »

I am not trying to start anything here (I am a rather friendly guy) - but do you realy mean that I cant talk about my own games I bought myself without someone asuming I have "stolen" them (because thats not the case) I realy feel like I am beeing misunderstood here...(perhaps my own fault since my english ain't that good)

I have NOT downloaded any pirat-copied-games or any other illegal games what so ever, I can understand those rules with not sharing files, but I have never done that in here nor any other place. I was "unlucky" enough and named some files earlier (trying to get them to work, re-named them etc)I NEVER ment to sound like I was sharing or asking for files because I have them allready on old floppy disk CD-ROMS and so on...

Sorry for this whole post but I feel like I have been misjudged.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

iScummVM wrote:Sorry for this whole post but I feel like I have been misjudged.
Oh? But wasn't you telling us that you found monster.so3 file on your original CD? And now you're telling that you never downloaded anything? OKay, perhaps not downloaded but borrowed from friends or something. That doesn't change the matter.

Eugene
baklava

Post by baklava »

rasmus2000

Post by rasmus2000 »

Hey Baklava. What about forum rule #4?

(Just to follow Clem's example I suggest we all ignore Baklava from now on :roll: )
iScummVM

Post by iScummVM »

sev wrote:Oh? But wasn't you telling us that you found monster.so3 file on your original CD? And now you're telling that you never downloaded anything? OKay, perhaps not downloaded but borrowed from friends or something. That doesn't change the matter.

No that was not the case I was trying to rename the files because I did not get it to work with ScummVM...
Hazed

Post by Hazed »

Thought I would let you know that saving and restoring now works for Broken Sword 1. Although controls are still a bit iffy for it and toggling mouse modes doesnt function correctly.

I am running the pc dvd version by soldout software.

Edit: Also, the intro movie runs extremely slowly, about 1frame every few seconds, and cannot be ESCed (unless ofcourse you have a save in which case it just doesnt play, so i suggest you save as soon as you get into the game =]).
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Hazed wrote: Edit: Also, the intro movie runs extremely slowly, about 1frame every few seconds, and cannot be ESCed (unless ofcourse you have a save in which case it just doesnt play, so i suggest you save as soon as you get into the game =]).
Use the DXA version of the cutscenes, and not the MPEG version.
Hazed

Post by Hazed »

Vinterstum wrote:
Hazed wrote: Edit: Also, the intro movie runs extremely slowly, about 1frame every few seconds, and cannot be ESCed (unless ofcourse you have a save in which case it just doesnt play, so i suggest you save as soon as you get into the game =]).
Use the DXA version of the cutscenes, and not the MPEG version.
How can i convert them . In the video folder i have mp2 , ogg and pal files for each cutscene.

Cheers
clem

Post by clem »

Hazed wrote:How can i convert them . In the video folder i have mp2 , ogg and pal files for each cutscene.
http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php#extras