Lure of the Temptress Dutch version

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

joostp
ScummVM Developer

Lure of the Temptress Dutch version

Post by joostp »

According to the original source code, and Tony Warriner of Revolution, a Dutch version of Lure of the Temptress is likely to exist - although I can't really find anything about it on the net.

Does anyone here happen to have it, or has seen/heard of its existence?
oduverne

Post by oduverne »

Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

oduverne wrote:Download it from this page: http://www.revolution.co.uk/_display.php?id=10
Maybe you see something we don't?

I only see French, German, English and Italian versions, care to point us to the Dutch version?
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Euh... there's only the English, German, French and Italian versions on there.

Surely if the Dutch version was that common I'd be able to find it myself. :)
clem

Post by clem »

joostp wrote:Euh... there's only the English, German, French and Italian versions on there.

Surely if the Dutch version was that common I'd be able to find it myself. :)
It seems I do have a Spanish version on my HD though, which isn't listed on rev's page...
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

It seems I do have a Spanish version on my HD though, which isn't listed on rev's page...
Thanks clem; Kirben has already provided us with the Spanish version, and the latest daily build should detect it. This question has came up because the original game source code has conditional defines for a Dutch version, so we're trying to find out if such a version was actually released.
oduverne

Post by oduverne »

Raziel wrote:
oduverne wrote:Download it from this page: http://www.revolution.co.uk/_display.php?id=10
Maybe you see something we don't?

I only see French, German, English and Italian versions, care to point us to the Dutch version?
Sorry, mixed in my head dutch and german... :P
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

Hello,

Is the Spanish version freeware aswell? If so, where I can download it?

Thanks
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Theoretically, it should be freeware as well, I'm not sure why the company didn't release it on their website
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

Thanks, I have searched it on the net and I have found it but I gives a different md5.

So I don't know if it is a modified version or not, though in dosbox runs ok.

The MD5 is d1d8e1172a4084eba2dc1d3e861e4328, I repeat that I don't know the real origin of this copy. So I will not open a bug tracker unless you told me to do so.

Thanks
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

We've checked, and gotten confirmation that all versions of the game are freeware - it's just that when the Revolution download page was created, those four versions were the only ones they still had on hand.

We'll be shortly making a download available that contains all five known versions of the game, as part of the announcement of the testing phase for the Lure engine.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

md5 wrote:Theoretically, it should be freeware as well, I'm not sure why the company didn't release it on their website
Because they didn't have a copy of the Spanish version ;)
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

dreammaster wrote:We've checked, and gotten confirmation that all versions of the game are freeware - it's just that when the Revolution download page was created, those four versions were the only ones they still had on hand.

We'll be shortly making a download available that contains all five known versions of the game, as part of the announcement of the testing phase for the Lure engine.
Great!
hwm

Post by hwm »

Interesting find. Although it's possible, I think it's not very likely it was actually made, but rather planned.
However, a dutch version of Elvira II seems to exist and the game is from the same time period and probably the same local distributor (Homesoft Benelux).
esvedebe

Post by esvedebe »

hwm wrote:...Although it's possible, I think it's not very likely it was actually made, but rather planned....
I found this ad (scan of the ad) in an old dutch games magazine called Softwaregids from sept/oct 1992.
It says clearly that Lure o/t Temptress is (was) available in Dutch. Maybe it is possible to contact this distributor...

I will keep looking on some second-hand trading sites.