Seeking FOTAQ savegame + other questions regarding music

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

vodi

Seeking FOTAQ savegame + other questions regarding music

Post by vodi »

Hi

I've used the search+google like mad but found nothing but deadends.

1)
Aside to the fact that I like the music, I was wondering which of the possible music driver settings for scummvm offers more "realistic" music quality - midi seems to be the "oldschool" type?

2)
Since it seems like extracting music from the game file is likely to be difficult or n/a, I think I will be using audacity and record it. Specifically, I am looking for a savegame state to the point where you are in the labyrinth of the amazons (I think) - around the area where you must complete riddles given by some amazon spirit.
I can't believe it, but I do remember some riddle that also had to do with touch big symbols on a wall to get further.

If anybody has the savestate, please let me know :) Would save me time.

Thanks
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Seeking FOTAQ savegame + other questions regarding music

Post by eriktorbjorn »

vodi wrote: Aside to the fact that I like the music, I was wondering which of the possible music driver settings for scummvm offers more "realistic" music quality - midi seems to be the "oldschool" type?
As far as I know, the only options in the PC version of the game are MIDI and Adlib, and proper support for the Adlib music wasn't added until quite recently. (At least, I think 0.10.x and earlier simply used ScummVM's built-in MIDI-to-Adlib conversion, rather than playing the actual Adlib music.)

There's also the Amiga version. I don't have it myself, but it appears to have different music.
vodi wrote: Specifically, I am looking for a savegame state to the point where you are in the labyrinth of the amazons (I think) - around the area where you must complete riddles given by some amazon spirit.
If you just want to play the music, you may be able to use the built-in debugger: Press Ctrl-D and then use the "song" command, e.g. "song 18". I'm not sure which song number it is you want, or even which song numbers are valid. (Too large numbers causes ScummVM to crash for me.)
vodi

Post by vodi »

Dude! Many thanks!!!! :)