Fullscreen Tearing "Edited"

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mufana

Fullscreen Tearing "Edited"

Post by Mufana »

Hello. I've recently started using scummVM with The Curse of Monkey Island. I think everything's ok except for Fullscreen Mode. If I turn it on, when I move the mouse, the image starts tearing. I'm using Windows Vista x64. I noticed a post with a problem like this or maybe the same problem but I didn't understand how he solved it. Btw, in fullscreen mode, if I use Ctrl+Alt+Num the game image stays perfect for a while, but then goes back to the same. I've searched for similar posts, but I can't find an answer.

P.S.: My desktop resolution is 1280 x 1024
BigT

Post by BigT »

For some strange reason, ScummVM does not appear to support vsync on the Windows build. Since it does not use Direct3D or OpenGL for rendering, vsync cannot be forced on.

In previous threads, the devs seem to blame SDL for this limitation... but every other emulator or game of note supports vsync... it's a shame that ScummVM does not.

Without vsync support, the image quality is a crapshoot. On certain displays, it may look really bad, especially with scrolling/panning or action scenes