Lost In Time Missing Files

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

manic

Lost In Time Missing Files

Post by manic »

I am having a minor problem with Lost In Time CD or Floppy versions. The VM console is saying that 3 file are missing, commun.stk tome1.stk and tome2.stk. also Scumm VM 0.11.0 final does not recognise the game correctly is says Unknown Dos. Is this normal, the game seems to play OK, but i have not got that far into it yet.

Thanks in advance for any help
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Lost In Time Missing Files

Post by DrMcCoy »

manic wrote:I am having a minor problem with Lost In Time CD or Floppy versions. The VM console is saying that 3 file are missing, commun.stk tome1.stk and tome2.stk.
The engine seems to probe which version you have by looking which files are available. These messages are normal and can be ignored.
manic wrote:also Scumm VM 0.11.0 final does not recognise the game correctly is says Unknown Dos.
Since there are still a few bugs left (especially the cutscenes in the CD version), it's not yet officially supported.
It should be completeable, but I'd given even less warranty than normal (which already is none ;)) that it will work, won't delete everything you have, kill your cat, etc. ;). It shouldn't do that, though.
manic

Post by manic »

LOL, ok many thanks for the reply, well i hope it doesen't kill my Cat!! His name is Squeek and i dont he would like a big scary ScummVM monster coming at him!! :)
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

DrMcCoy wrote:
manic wrote:I am having a minor problem with Lost In Time CD or Floppy versions. The VM console is saying that 3 file are missing, commun.stk tome1.stk and tome2.stk.
The engine seems to probe which version you have by looking which files are available. These messages are normal and can be ignored.
manic wrote:also Scumm VM 0.11.0 final does not recognise the game correctly is says Unknown Dos.
Since there are still a few bugs left (especially the cutscenes in the CD version), it's not yet officially supported.
It should be completeable, but I'd given even less warranty than normal (which already is none ;)) that it will work, won't delete everything you have, kill your cat, etc. ;). It shouldn't do that, though.
btw... i have completed Lost in Time on my Mac without any ... disturbances - just perfect :)
Collector

Post by Collector »

kosuan wrote:btw... i have completed Lost in Time on my Mac without any ... disturbances - just perfect :)
But, the CD version?
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

Yes, the CD - Version :D

Here ist a list of all the files in the directory (=folder :) )

BATCOM.ITK
BATCOM.LTK
CAT2.INF
CAT3.INF
CAT4.INF
COMMUN1.ITK
COMMUN1.LTK
INSTALL.ASK
INSTALL.COM
INSTALL.INF
INTRO.STK
LOST.EXE
LOST.ICO
LOST.LIC
MDO.DEF
PARTIE1.ITK
PARTIE1.LTK
PARTIE2.ITK
PARTIE2.LTK
PARTIE3.ITK
PARTIE3.LTK
PARTIE4.ITK
PARTIE4.LTK
SETUP.CMP
SETUP.EXE
track01.mp3
VERSION.

And I would like to say: the engine which Dr. McCoy build
is much better than the original DOS/ Win 3.11 version.
Much faster and more stable.
Really incredible marvelous pretty cool thing !!!
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Errr, you sure you haven't noticed any disturbances?
Because the cutscenes for the CD version are still broken: The videos aren't changed in sync with the audio and sometimes, initial frames aren't shown. And that is the main reason I haven't announced it as supported yet, I'd like to have it fixed first.
kosuan wrote:And I would like to say: the engine which Dr. McCoy
build is much better than the original DOS/ Win 3.11 version.
Much faster and more stable.
Really incredible marvelous pretty cool thing !!!
:)
kosuan

Post by kosuan »

DrMcCoy wrote:Errr, you sure you haven't noticed any disturbances?
Because the cutscenes for the CD version are still broken: The videos aren't changed in sync with the audio and sometimes, initial frames aren't shown. And that is the main reason I haven't announced it as supported yet, I'd like to have it fixed first.

:)
Well, i'm not a perfektionist anymore. :wink:
I have noticed that the video and audio wasn't 100 % syncroniced
and there was a flickering curser at the gate where the tractor and the horse stands.

But nothing that could _disturb_ me :D .....
This game is so great and i tried so hard to get it running under Win9x, -
I'm perfektly happy now as it is and if you still want to improve on it, - the better. :wink: