ScummVM DS 0.11.0 beta3 released for testing! [obsolete]

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

knuxthefox

Post by knuxthefox »

md5 wrote:The files with the "D" are the files of the demo version. Mixing files from the full version and the demo version is a very very very bad idea, don't be surprised if bad things happen...

The files needed for ITE can be found in the datafiles page:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... or_the_Orb

For your version, you only need ITE.RSC, SCRIPTS.RSC, SOUNDS.RSC, and VOICES.RSC

Also, as mentioned, does the Windows/OSX etc version of ScummVM run your version of ITE? (the version you got runs fine here with the Windows version of ScummVM - just retested it)
I've already deleted the demo files. Those are no more. And, yeah. It runs swimmingly on the Windows XP version of ScummVM. But, I just acquired the original CD DOS version files from 1994 (When the game was first released), and I'm extracting and uploading them to my R4, right now.
Last edited by knuxthefox on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomten

Re: Test of Inherit The Earth on R4DS

Post by tomten »

knuxthefox wrote:Okay, I went and got the files from the original DOS CD version dated 5/25/1994 to 6/3/1994. I'm going to try them before heading off to work, this morning.
Please try the four files from the Wyrmkeep CD as well. They should work fine.
knuxthefox

Re: Test of Inherit The Earth on R4DS

Post by knuxthefox »

tomten wrote:
knuxthefox wrote:Okay, I went and got the files from the original DOS CD version dated 5/25/1994 to 6/3/1994. I'm going to try them before heading off to work, this morning.
Please try the four files from the Wyrmkeep CD as well. They should work fine.
That's what I've been trying all this time. And I only added the D files after having the original rsc's not work.
knuxthefox

Test of ITE with original files

Post by knuxthefox »

It must be the R4, because these files work. But I still get the black screen when starting the game.
johnzo

Post by johnzo »

It's probably irrelevant at this point, but just in case it's useful: I finished sam & max with the beta3 a few days ago, with no major bugs. Couple minor random issues:

1. No music during bumpusville stage show (I think I remember having this trouble originally with the native PC version back in the day unless I mucked around with my sound drivers).
2. A couple times the sound would get very glitchy, and conversations would close inadvertently, a reboot and reload always seemed to fix the problem.
3. Sound got skippy while talking to bigfoots (feets?) at the party, I think because of the background music. It cleared up after I left the party room.

Thanks again for this awesome port!
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Thanks, it's always good to know these things.