broken sword 1 save/load

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

joke

broken sword 1 save/load

Post by joke »

hello at start i am going to say that i am really bad with computers. i searched the readme and i didnt find out how to save or load in broken sword 1:( tho there was something about it but ye, i am stupid:(
i am playing it on PC on windows vista.
if someone can help me without hate comments or say where i can find the information then it would be very good=)
NOW i found this.
"Saving and restoring is already supported (ALT-1/9 to save, CTRL - 1/9 to restore, or F5 to access the save/load menu)."
i tried that and it didnt save. do i just have to push left ALT+nr1? becuase it doesent work
when i go into F5 save mode and try to save there then it says "cant create savgame.inf . ()"

have a nice day=)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: broken sword 1 save/load

Post by eriktorbjorn »

joke wrote: "Saving and restoring is already supported (ALT-1/9 to save, CTRL - 1/9 to restore, or F5 to access the save/load menu)."
i tried that and it didnt save. do i just have to push left ALT+nr1? becuase it doesent work
Not all game engines implement those hot-keys. I don't think Broken Sword 1 does.
joke wrote: when i go into F5 save mode and try to save there then it says "cant create savgame.inf . ()"
That kind of error message usually means that the ScummVM Save Path setting points to either an invalid directory (also known as folder on some systems), or one where you do not have write access.
joke

Post by joke »

so basicly no saving for me then?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

In Broken Sword games, you can move your mouse to the top of the screen, where you'll see a "Save game" icon. Click on that, and the save game menu should appear
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

joke wrote:so basicly no saving for me then?
Well, that's one way, I suppose, but I was thinking more along the lines of checking your Save Path setting to make sure that it's pointing somewhere sensible.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

md5 wrote:In Broken Sword games, you can move your mouse to the top of the screen, where you'll see a "Save game" icon. Click on that, and the save game menu should appear
I can't check at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that's only in Broken Sword 2.
joke

Post by joke »

this may come as a no-breiner AGAIN but what is a senseable spot to set your save files at? like what spot to choos so that it would actually save :oops:
where it is now is defualt place like right where my cluaster files and.. well where my game is.

and yes in broken sword 1 there is no save option on the top of the screen :wink: :oops:
samwise

Post by samwise »

Vista is known to be overzealous about user rights and permissions, isn't it? I don't run it, but perhaps the user you're running as doesn't have permission to write to the folder you have installed ScummVM to? If that is the case, you could change the save path to a directory you do have permissions to right to - such as your user's My Documents directory ...

Sam.
joke

Post by joke »

Thank all you good people :D
got it working now