Kubuntu: Kyrandia, ScummVM v11.0 ?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

asdinnie

Kubuntu: Kyrandia, ScummVM v11.0 ?

Post by asdinnie »

Hi

I am trying to run Legend of Kyrandia under Kubuntu Linux (Gutsy Gibbon).

Gutsy is installing ScummVM 0.9.1 so its somewhat ancient.

When I run the game I get "Missing KYRA.DAT".
Have downloaded KYRA.DAT from the ScummVM website. Same problem happens.
Presume its a ScummVM version issue.

So downloaded the Debian Etch version of ScummVM 11.0 to see if that fixes the problem (plus can run some of the newer games). No luck as it will not install (presume its related to the Apt-get problem mentioned on the download page.

Does anyone know a suitable location to get the latest version (11.0) of ScummVM for Kubuntu Gutsy?
I am not sure which version of Debian (Etch?) relates to Gutsy.

Many thanks

Andy
samwise

Post by samwise »

I would suggest you compile the latest version yourself into a .deb.

Download the source code archive of the latest release from the Downloads page. Extract it, then follow the directions for Debian (will be pretty much the same for Kubuntu), as detailed in section 9.0) Compiling of the ScummVM README file.

It's not as hard as it sounds. Once you've got your .deb file, you can install it as root with

Code: Select all

dkg -i ../scummvm-cvs*deb
HTH,

Sam.
zoppologo

Post by zoppologo »

for this and any other software update that you're looking for: http://www.getdeb.net/search.php?keywords=scummvm
Vandek

Post by Vandek »

I suggest you use aptitude[/b[ instead of apt-get.

Using apt-get I couldn't even upgrade my distro from Debian Etch to Lenny, which I made with no problems at all with aptitude using the same "repos".

Not just that, but also had problems installing programs such as media players. I can't say that would happen with ScummVM cos' I didnt try on Etch, but I had no problem using aptitude to install it on Lenny.

Vdk.