scummVM not finding the game

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Lindzsers

scummVM not finding the game

Post by Lindzsers »

Sorry if this has already been addressed, I did a search but didn't find anything that I thought addressed my question.

I downloaded the program and and able to run it, it runs fine. But when I go to add a game, it can't find the game I want to use! (Which is Monkey Island 3) I even copied and pasted the MI3 folder into the scummVM folder (through program files) and when I click add game, the MI3 folder comes up but says that there is no game in the folder. Then I tried just copying and pasting the game icon itself into the scummVM folder, tried to add a game in the program, and MI3 wouldn't show up.

What am I doing wrong?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

What did you copy exactly?

Eugene
Lindzsers

Post by Lindzsers »

The MI3 Folder
samwise

Post by samwise »

You need to point ScummVM at the folder containing the files/directories listed here:

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... and.2C_The

Sam.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

that is, all the files from the game cd's, not the folder you install the game to, which it sounds to me like you have done.
Lindzsers

Post by Lindzsers »

Thanks so much! The game is working!

However, I can't hear any of the characters voices. The music is working fine, but the characters aren't talking :( Any suggestions?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Lindzsers wrote:However, I can't hear any of the characters voices. The music is working fine, but the characters aren't talking :( Any suggestions?
Did you copy the voxdisk1.bun and voxdisk2.bun files from your CDs?
Lindzsers

Post by Lindzsers »

Those two files won't copy from the CDs to my computer.

Is there a place I can download just those two files or should I not worry about it?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Lindzsers wrote:Those two files won't copy from the CDs to my computer.

Is there a place I can download just those two files or should I not worry about it?
Sadly, we can't offer any help for downloading copyrighted games illegally, even if you do own the original games themselves. I suggest that you clean your CDs underneath with a soft cloth and try copying the files again
samwise

Post by samwise »

If your CD is damaged or deteriorated and you didn't make a backup, probably you're easiest legal recourse is to buy another copy.

You could try mailing LucasArts for a replacement, but I don't know how successful you would be ...