Gobliins II Windows vs Linux incompatibility

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mikro

Gobliins II Windows vs Linux incompatibility

Post by mikro »

Hello guys,

I'm happy user of your great software. However, today I discovered one strange thing and even after reading FAQ and Documentation I'm not sure if it's bug or known issue.

So what's the problem? My girlfriend likes to play Goblins series, she used to play them at Windows. Later she got Linux installed (her request! ;-) so I installed her Scummvm + all the things she used. Everything OK until she wanted to load some of the previous saved games -- they are corrupt!

I booted back to Windows and yes, these saves are OK! I can test only these Gobliins II so I don't know if it applies globally to each save game... please, can you help me with this?
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Gobliins II Windows vs Linux incompatibility

Post by DrMcCoy »

mikro wrote:Everything OK until she wanted to load some of the previous saved games -- they are corrupt!
First of all: It would probably best if you opened a report on our bug tracker.

Then please try to be more specific:
- What ScummVM versions are you using?
- Check that the Linux one has zLib support compiled in when the Windows one does (Under "Features compiled in:" in ScummVM's about dialog)
- Corrupt in what way? Does the game tell you that it can't load them, that they don't exist, is the game state after loading not like it should be, or what?
- Is something written to the console?
mikro

Post by mikro »

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific.

It's the last released one, 0.11, and probaly you got it -- there's zlib in Windows version and in Linux one there's not. Is there any way how to use such savegames except the recompilation of Linux version?

Edit: and corrupt in that way instead of "My Save no.1" I see only strange characters.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

mikro wrote:It's the last released one, 0.11, and probaly you got it -- there's zlib in Windows version and in Linux one there's not.
Yep, that's a problem. The saves are compressed with zLib when the binary supports it.
mikro wrote:Is there any way how to use such savegames except the recompilation of Linux version?
Well, you can rename all saves from "foo.ext" to "foo.ext.gz" and then run "gunzip foo.ext.gz". They are then decompressed and should be called "foo.ext" again.
The .s* are the actuall saves, the .blo is the contents of the notepad (if any).
Vandek

Post by Vandek »

Same happens here, but between XboX / Linux version. I didnt try Xbox / Windows.

ScummVM version is 0.11 on the three platforms.

Vdk.