Please Help me with curse of monkey island

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sturgess1987

Please Help me with curse of monkey island

Post by sturgess1987 »

Ive been using scummvm for a while now but i just updated to version 10 and now curse of monkey island wont work, it was working perfectly up til then, i am launching the game and it is starting the debugger saying error

"(87:29:0xD44): BundleMgr::open\() Can't open bundle file: musdisk1.bun"

anyone else had this roblem cos its happened on both my mac and my pc, pls tell me there is a fix guys!

thnx
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

The error suggests that musdisk1.bun is missing. Is it in your game folder? What's its size?
RENDOG

Post by RENDOG »

i signed up just to help you man. For me, i didnt use scummvm to play the curse of monkey island. I have xp and what i had to do is type dxdiag in the run command and then click the sound tab and put the setting on basic or no acceleration. If i didnt do this cutscenes and other things would go bezerk. Let me know if this helps.
seth.feinberg

Same issue

Post by seth.feinberg »

I have the same issue on my iPhone. I have all the correct files in my Scummvm folder. I get the same error message screen as described before and it comes up before I see any aspect of the game? Anybody have any ideas? Is it cause I'm running 1.1.3? Anybody else experiencing this? I did the chmod -R 755 on the folder they are in too...