I lost OSX classic!!!

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cinemaguy1

I lost OSX classic!!!

Post by cinemaguy1 »

So, I officially now longer can run classic on my iMac... This upsets me because I was playing Escape from Monkey Island on it (in German no less) and Space Quest 6. Without classic or ScummVM capabilities, how can I ever play these games again? I do hope the only answer isn't "Just buy an old Mac..." Anyone Mac users find a way to play these games since OSX dropped classic?
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Please use Help and Support forum section for this kind of questions.

I recommend you to write better your question too :-)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

The Madventurer wrote:Please use Help and Support forum section for this kind of questions.

I recommend you to write better your question too :-)
Wouldn't The Junkyard be more appropriate, since none of those games are supported by ScummVM?

DOSbox seems to run the DOS version of Space Quest 6, but I guess this is about a Macintosh version.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Just buy an old mac, one which runs those two games shouldn't be too expensive ;).

Well, or try out SheepShaver, but I am not sure how well it works these days and on Intel Macs:
cinemaguy1

Post by cinemaguy1 »

Oh, wow. I did indeed place this in the wrong section and used odd language in that. I hadn't slept a lot when writing it. My apologies. I will definitely try out Sheepshaver. I forgot about that program. Thanks a lot for your help.