Curse of Monkey Island problem

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Duffmanbra

Curse of Monkey Island problem

Post by Duffmanbra »

I have had multiple crashes with this game. I have the English CD version, and the newest version of Scumm on Mac OS X. The game crashes in the very beginning when I look out the canon window and click on the port hole, and when I click on anything within the treasury room saying there is some compressed audio problem. Is this a common problem?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Curse of Monkey Island problem

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Duffmanbra wrote:The game crashes in the very beginning when I look out the canon window and click on the port hole, and when I click on anything within the treasury room saying there is some compressed audio problem. Is this a common problem?
I can't imagine that's a common problem, but it would probably help if you were a bit more specific. I have no idea which particular error message "some compressed audio problem" refers to.
Duffmanbra

Post by Duffmanbra »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Duffmanbra wrote:The game crashes in the very beginning when I look out the canon window and click on the port hole, and when I click on anything within the treasury room saying there is some compressed audio problem. Is this a common problem?
I can't imagine that's a common problem, but it would probably help if you were a bit more specific. I have no idea which particular error message "some compressed audio problem" refers to.
Sorry about that, Here is what it tells me. "Error (12:343: 0x1A1B: BundleMgr: :loadCompTable() Compressed Sound 2827 invalid"
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Duffmanbra wrote: Sorry about that, Here is what it tells me. "Error (12:343: 0x1A1B: BundleMgr: :loadCompTable() Compressed Sound 2827 invalid"
My guess would be that the file voxdisk1.bun (or possibly musdisk1.bun) have become corrupted or truncated somehow.
Duffmanbra

Post by Duffmanbra »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Duffmanbra wrote: Sorry about that, Here is what it tells me. "Error (12:343: 0x1A1B: BundleMgr: :loadCompTable() Compressed Sound 2827 invalid"
My guess would be that the file voxdisk1.bun (or possibly musdisk1.bun) have become corrupted or truncated somehow.
So do you suggest playing a new copy of the game? Or recopy from the disc to the HD?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Try to recopy from the CD. This ofthen works.

Eugene
gruguuru

Post by gruguuru »

I have the same problem. Mac OS X with the latest version of ScummVM too. Did you find a solution?