N95 8GB and keys

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DarkLadyWolf

N95 8GB and keys

Post by DarkLadyWolf »

I'm hoping no-one has answered this before as I seem to lack 'search' skills.

I've been playing with scummVM on my n958GB and been having fun with Day of the Tentacle. However, I seem to have got scummVM itself into a strange 'mode'.

When I load scummVM I'm presented with the usual game selection/options screen. However the cursor no longer moves. Instead, every press of a direction key cycles a letter in the bottom right corner. Oh, pressing the green key brings up "CTRL" just above that letter too - if that helps.

I still seem to be able to use 0+2 etc, but I can't get the cursor to move again. I've quit from scummVM and restarted it again, but that doesn't help.

Also, is there a list of keys that the Symbian version uses? See? Told you my search skills were lacking.

Thanks.
DarkLadyWolf

Post by DarkLadyWolf »

Ok, I finally think I worked it out. I somehow put it into keyboard mode. I worked out that 0+1 was the right thing to use, though I had to have CTRL on as well for some reason. Either way, I seem to be back to Scumm goodness. :)
goetz

Post by goetz »

In some of the last versions, the 0-key combinations have been replaced by the green key and obviously in your version it's the green key you should use. ;)

Unlike the 0-key, the green key is sticky, i.e. "0+1" becomes "[green] 1 [green]", "0+2" becomes "[green] 2 [green]" etc. That the green key "mode" is active is shown by the "Ctrl" indicator.

IMHO more info about the green key is somewhere in this thread:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=1358

- Goetz
DarkLadyWolf

Post by DarkLadyWolf »

Thanks for that goetz. It helped a lot. I now have DOTT and Monkey Island goodness :)