Wooooohooo Stupid question from a new person.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

OrangeRibbon

Wooooohooo Stupid question from a new person.

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Okay, I am rather new to ScummVM, I wanted to squeeze down my audio files (got that working) but I have no idea how to compile code at all. Is there a Download that has the Mp3 and Ogg already enabled?

I tried the search function and maybe I missed it, or didn't use the correct term. Thanks for any help, and a rockin program.
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

All the stable and daily Windows builds at least include them already, no need to compile.
OrangeRibbon

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Really?? Hmmm okay then I am just an idiot. I swear I read the read me, and tried searching the forums, besides the net.

How do I set what I need to set?

Thanks for answering.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

If you mean that you actually want to compress the audio files in the game to say, .ogg format, you will need the ogg encoder in addition to the scummvm tools. Do a google search and it should show up.

I only know the procedure for windows, but you need to put the oggenc.exe and any other .dll files in the windows/system32 directory, and then use the scummvm tools from the command prompt (run cmd.exe). Most of the tools can be run with the --vorbis switch. Otherwise it will default to the lame mp3 encoder, which you'd also have to find.
Collector

Post by Collector »

Did you name the audio tracks correctly? For CD audio tracks they need to named starting with "TRACK1.OGG".