Feeble Files on scumm

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

floydian_world

Feeble Files on scumm

Post by floydian_world »

Hello there,
I have a problem running Feeble Files.I've made all the changes that are written on the read me file of last scumm version (re-encode to DXA etc.) but still nothing.When I'm about to start the game,I press START button,the screen turns black and after 1-2 minutes it gets me back to the desktop :? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance :)
clem

Post by clem »

do you get any error messages?
floydian_world

Post by floydian_world »

Nothing at all.It's only way too slow.Dark screen,1-2minutes,desktop.

edit:maybe an older version will work better?I have the 0.7.0 one and it works fine with all the compatible games.Where can I find the older versions?
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Did you install the game (with the install program built in on the CD), and copy all the needed files listed from the install directory?

Did you copy ALL the .vga files from all of the CDs?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

floydian_world wrote:edit:maybe an older version will work better?I have the 0.7.0 one and it works fine with all the compatible games.Where can I find the older versions?
The downloads page on SourceForge has the older versions, though I don't see why that would work any better.

Do you see any error message if you run ScummVM from a command prompt, or is it just some generic crash message?

What should happen as soon as the game starts is that it should play a couple of cutscenes: winasoft, musosp1, NewCredits, fasall, mus5p2, Coach, and OutMin~1. Each of these consist of a DXA file and a corresponding audio file (MP3, Ogg Vorbis or FLAC). Could it be that the re-encoding failed? What is the size of these files? Mine are:

Code: Select all

coach.dxa      7.0M
coach.ogg      226K
fasall.dxa     18M
fasall.ogg     646K
mus5p2.dxa     6.6M
mus4p2.ogg     277K
musosp1.dxa    3.3M
musosp1.ogg    288K
newcredits.dxa 2.5M
newcredits.ogg 174K
outmin~1.dxa   3.1M
outmin~1.ogg   194K
winasoft.dxa   2.2M
winasoft.ogg   116K
The exact sizes depend on many things (encoding parameters, version of the DXA encoder, version of the game, etc), but if yours are markedly smaller, that might be cause for concern.
floydian_world

Post by floydian_world »

It works just fine with the 0.10.0 version.At last.Strange machines.
Thanks a lot guys :lol: