Wrong colours with ScummVM (last version) on N73

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Seraph9

Wrong colours with ScummVM (last version) on N73

Post by Seraph9 »

Hi, excuse for my english but I'm italian.
I have a problem with scummVM, the application run correctly but the colours are strange.
The main page of scum is green and the written in a dark green instead of black and yellow, also in the game the colours are wrong.
For example, I play monkey island and the dress of Guybrush appears blu (or violet, don't remember well) and black instead of white and black.
What can I do to resolve this problem?
Thanks

-Seraph9-
md5
ScummVM Developer

Re: Wrong colours with ScummVM (last version) on N73

Post by md5 »

Seraph9 wrote:Hi, excuse for my english but I'm italian.
I have a problem with scummVM, the application run correctly but the colours are strange.
The main page of scum is green and the written in a dark green instead of black and yellow, also in the game the colours are wrong.
For example, I play monkey island and the dress of Guybrush appears blu (or violet, don't remember well) and black instead of white and black.
What can I do to resolve this problem?
Thanks

-Seraph9-
The main dialog of ScummVM has support for themes. The default "modern" one features the black and yellow colors you mention, but the old "classic" theme has the green-on-black colors. I believe that the default theme for the Symbian port is the "classic" one, so the colors in the main dialog are correct. You can change the theme from the "Misc" options tab.

As for Guybrush's clothes... which version of MI do you have? The VGA or the EGA one?

VGA
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/secre ... otId,3166/

EGA
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/secre ... otId,3181/
Seraph9

Post by Seraph9 »

Hi, I have a vga version.
I noticed that pressing the Multifunction button (i. button) or Menu button for a moment, before the closure of application allow me to see for a fraction of a second the main menu or the game with the right colors.
Seraph9

Post by Seraph9 »

So what can I do?
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

I'm not sure Seraph9 because I don't have the N73, but is it possible the trouble is due to your backlighting? Some versions of the N73 from memory have a blue backlight instead of white.
Seraph9

Post by Seraph9 »

So if it were a problem backlighting because when I press the button to return to the menu the colors instead of the usual become exact?
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

I missed that point before. That's actually strange. At least on my E51 there's no change in the colours when the menu is opened. I've even adjusted my screen backlighting through the settings and can't replicate your basic issue either. Sorry I can't be of any definite help, I don't even know anyone with that model or I'd see if it's a common issue with the N73.
Seraph9

Post by Seraph9 »

It's very strange... In this situation I can't play because the colors are unbearable
Seraph9

Post by Seraph9 »

help...
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

buy an iPhone:P
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

Maybe this should be moved to the SymbianOS Port forum?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I think this is very much related to this specific N73. This is only reported from some obscure italian variants of N73. I guess if you have a TIM version, you might have TIM software installed which might stop you from running your ScummVM properly.
MAST3RF0X

Try This

Post by MAST3RF0X »

Sorry for my English.
I had the same problem. My phone is a Nokia N73 brand TIM. Probabily there's something that work here and there that cause ScummVM to switch on overlay field with Green Effects.

Only one time I've made it to work playnd with Bluetooth, but I don't Know how I made it so...

...I've found and read a solution on this forum that could be enough until the new version of ScummVm.
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... hlight=n73

I've modified it with something that every one should have installed on his phone : Snakes :lol:

Well :
1.) Start Snakes
2.) Press App Key
3.) Start ScummVM
4.) Press and Hold App Key (now ScummVM is the First App)
5.) Select Snakes and select Quit

When Snakes is turned off, N73 came back to ScummVM and its magic work!

Now you could play with
Kyrandia 1
or Monkey Island
or Monkey Island 2
or you could washing your car
or play something
or play with snowball
or play Squash
or ... :wink:

See Ya!
Seraph9

Post by Seraph9 »