Music in Zak McKracken FM-Towns Version

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mr.jones

Music in Zak McKracken FM-Towns Version

Post by mr.jones »

Hi all!

I am new to ScummVM on S60. I use the latest version on a Nokia E51 (Symbian 60v3.1) to (re)play Zak McKracken. It works, but I do not get any music. I do get some rare sound effects. Does anyone know what settings to use? At least in my memory the music of Zak was quite nice... Thanks a lot!

mrj
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Music in Zak McKracken FM-Towns Version

Post by eriktorbjorn »

mr.jones wrote: I am new to ScummVM on S60. I use the latest version on a Nokia E51 (Symbian 60v3.1) to (re)play Zak McKracken. It works, but I do not get any music. I do get some rare sound effects. Does anyone know what settings to use? At least in my memory the music of Zak was quite nice... Thanks a lot!
Which version of the game is this? The DOS version (which is all I have) should have some music (e.g. during the intro), at least when playing it on a desktop computer.
mr.jones

Post by mr.jones »

eriktorbjorn wrote:Which version of the game is this? The DOS version (which is all I have) should have some music (e.g. during the intro), at least when playing it on a desktop computer.
I have the FM Towns version.
mr.jones

Post by mr.jones »

mr.jones wrote:I have the FM Towns version.
Oops, I should have searched the Boards more carefully. I need to convert the CD Audio files. Sorry...
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

mr.jones wrote: I have the FM Towns version.
I should have seen that from the subject line. I know my first thought was "FM Towns version", but when I wrote the reply I only read the actual message. :)