Pbm with Woodruff

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

matnight04

Pbm with Woodruff

Post by matnight04 »

Hi everyone,
I'm encountering some problem with the game Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth. I've lot of graphics problems, particularily when woodruff is moving ( messages I have in the console look like this : WARNING : Woodruff Stub: Video:Music command -3: Play background video lezard (or any other video name) )

And moreover, I can't grab any object !
I understand Woodruff isn't fully supported yet, but I think it's not normal anyway :)

Thank you for yout future help.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Re: Pbm with Woodruff

Post by md5 »

matnight04 wrote:Hi everyone,
I'm encountering some problem with the game Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth. I've lot of graphics problems, particularily when woodruff is moving ( messages I have in the console look like this : WARNING : Woodruff Stub: Video:Music command -3: Play background video lezard (or any other video name) )

And moreover, I can't grab any object !
I understand Woodruff isn't fully supported yet, but I think it's not normal anyway :)

Thank you for yout future help.
Woodruff is supported. Which version of ScummVM are you running? It's supported in the latest 0.12.0 unstable version, NOT the stable 0.11.1 version
matnight04

Post by matnight04 »

Ok, thx md5.

I thought it was also supported in the 0.11.1 version.
The 0.12.0 is unstable for the moment, right ?
Where can I download it ? Do I have to compile it myself ?
I'll be happy to help testing Woodruff :)
clem

Post by clem »

matnight04 wrote:Ok, thx md5.

I thought it was also supported in the 0.11.1 version.
The 0.12.0 is unstable for the moment, right ?
Where can I download it ? Do I have to compile it myself ?
I'll be happy to help testing Woodruff :)
You need to get a "daily build" from the ScummVM downloads page; for more info on the ScummVM testing season see http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=5975
matnight04

Post by matnight04 »

Got that and started to play...
Do you think I should update the ScummVM version every day ? Or is it okay if I play all the game with the today release ?
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

Stick to the one I would say and play through and note any bugs and/or errors. Then update and check if there are any changes, if the problems are still there then report away. Otherwise you can report bugs fixed in a new daily or caused in a new daily. At least this is how I do it.
Collector

Post by Collector »

I just noticed this thread. The poster is asking for help with "Woodruff and The Schnibble of Azimuth". The name is "The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and The Schnibble". The only place that I have seen it refered to as "Woodruff and The Schnibble of Azimuth" is on Underdogs (unlinked for obvious reasons). I could be wrong, but it makes me wonder where matnight04 got the game from.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Collector wrote:The only place that I have seen it refered to as "Woodruff and The Schnibble of Azimuth" is on Underdogs (unlinked for obvious reasons). I could be wrong, but it makes me wonder where matnight04 got the game from.
The one I have says The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble on the cover, but Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth on the in-game credits screen at the end of the intro. I would guess that the latter is the original title, and that it was changed for the US release. Moby Games has a few pictures of different covers.
matnight04

Post by matnight04 »

This problem with titles is quite bizarre.

I've got a version from abandonware that says "Woodruff and The Schnibble of Azimuth". It seems that this one leads to more bugs with ScummVM.

I've also got an original version (from an old compilation of Coktel called "Cocktel Kit" done at least 10 years ago) which is recognized as "The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble". This one seems to work slightly better but I'm not completely sure.
Anyway I've completed the game with this version, there are some bugs (and some small problems with videos) but it is still playable.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

matnight04 wrote:I've got a version from abandonware that says "Woodruff and The Schnibble of Azimuth". It seems that this one leads to more bugs with ScummVM.
See forum rule #0.
matnight04 wrote:Anyway I've completed the game with this version, there are some bugs (and some small problems with videos) but it is still playable.
If they're not in the TODO, then please file bug reports.
matnight04

Post by matnight04 »

DrMcCoy wrote:See forum rule #0.
1. I've got an original version too...
2. I just answered Collector's question :
Collector wrote:I could be wrong, but it makes me wonder where matnight04 got the game from.
DrMcCoy wrote:If they're not in the TODO, then please file bug reports.
I'm going to do that, but I don't know exactly how to describe the bugs... Shall I also say in the corresponding topic that I completed the game ?
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

matnight04 wrote:I'm going to do that, but I don't know exactly how to describe the bugs...
Well, then try, anyway.
matnight04 wrote:Shall I also say in the corresponding topic that I completed the game ?
Yes, please. And state on which platform you've completed it, too.
matnight04

Post by matnight04 »

Ok, done that...
It's probably not easy to read, but I tried anyway :)