Installing on Windows Vista 64-bit?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Barbayat

Installing on Windows Vista 64-bit?

Post by Barbayat »

Is there any way to get scummvm to run on vista 64-bit?
I searched but apart form a topic with with some hints I did not understand (I'm not really good with all these converters, extra programs and fixes) I found nothing that helped me.

So if anyone could say either no, or yes and give me an explanation that I can understand I'd be eternally grateful.

Then again if it is not possible, I can always use dosbox, right? (That works, I just loved playing this before I had to switch from xp to vista)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Is the standard Win32 build not working for you? AFAIK, Vista can still use 32bit binaries.
Barbayat

Post by Barbayat »

I don't have the standard win32 on my pc, and I don't feel like buying a win32 version and re-install everything. So I was wondering if there was a way to make this work.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

yes, well, you don\t HAVE to, because the regular installer SHOULD work. if not, right click and try compatability mode.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Barbayat wrote:I don't have the standard win32 on my pc, and I don't feel like buying a win32 version and re-install everything. So I was wondering if there was a way to make this work.
The Win32 version of ScummVM works fine on my Vista 64bit.
Collector

Post by Collector »

LordHoto wrote:The Win32 version of ScummVM works fine on my Vista 64bit.
Same here.
clem

Post by clem »

Maybe the windows installer on the downloads page could mention which Windows versions it runs on (does it run on 98 btw? just curious)
manias

Post by manias »

LordHoto wrote:
Barbayat wrote:I don't have the standard win32 on my pc, and I don't feel like buying a win32 version and re-install everything. So I was wondering if there was a way to make this work.
The Win32 version of ScummVM works fine on my Vista 64bit.
same here too
perhaps the poster was lookin for info before trying?