WARNING: MM System Error

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Leolo

WARNING: MM System Error

Post by Leolo »

WARNING: MM System Error 'There is not enough memory available for this task. Quit one or more applications to increase available memory, and then try again.'!
That's what ScummVM 0.12 says to me when I start a game. And, as a result, I get no music in the game :(

Setting "adlib" as the music driver instead of "Windows MIDI" solves the problem. But I want to use "Windows MIDI" to get higher quality music!!

My relevant software specs:
- Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64 bit
- 2 GiB DDR2-800 RAM (approximately 1 GiB used, the other 1 GiB is free)
- SAVIHost v1.32
- Putzlowitschs Vista MIDI-Mapper Control-Panel v0.92
- Roland Virtual Sound Canvas VST v1.01
- MIDI Yoke v1.75
Any solution, please?? Should I file a bug report for this?

Kind regards.
Leolo

Post by Leolo »

Ok, problem solved.

I had incorrect registry entries (seems that I fiddled with MIDI Yoke settings enough to bork it).

I uninstalled MIDI Yoke, obliterated all the remaining registry entries (by searching for "Yoke" and deleting all its entries).

Rebooted, reinstalled MIDI Yoke and now it's working fine.

So, please, accept my apologies for insinuating that it could have been a bug in ScummVM! Next time I'll try to investigate harder before posting.

I'm sorry for the inconveniences :oops:

Kind Regards.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Noticing you use Savihost I thought I'd mention something that I came across the other day.
Probably a 50/50 chance you know of it though.
Anyway here goes.
Whilst helping somebody recently on here with a NES version of MM I came across a .sf2 of a universal NES soundfont.
I downloaded it and checked the intro to see if it was working but haven't had a chance to really compare it yet with other .sf2 banks.
I don't know if I can link to it though being a ROM site. I'm sure it can't be too hard to find.