Can't locate .residualrc config file......

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fauxoriginality

Can't locate .residualrc config file......

Post by fauxoriginality »

Hi all I'm on OS X 10.5.4 and I've successfully played grim fandango using Grim X, but I moved the grim data folder around and now the path to the game data is broken. I understand that I have to edit my .residualrc file, but for some reason I can't locate it..... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

btw. I'm using Grim X 0.3
rented mule

Re: Can't locate .residualrc config file......

Post by rented mule »

fauxoriginality wrote:Hi all I'm on OS X 10.5.4 and I've successfully played grim fandango using Grim X, but I moved the grim data folder around and now the path to the game data is broken. I understand that I have to edit my .residualrc file, but for some reason I can't locate it..... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

btw. I'm using Grim X 0.3
I may be wrong but I think the .residualrc file was created in your home folder...of course, invisible.

Of course, you can use the now official Residual interpreter located in Subprojects. It creates a visible, more Mac-like preference file in the ~/Library/Preferences folder.

I however believe that Grim X was more stable than the current version of Residual.