Sold-Out/Mastertronic DVD

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

iPwnzorz

Sold-Out/Mastertronic DVD

Post by iPwnzorz »

A Sold-Out/Mastertronic DVD that comes with ScummVM and both Broken Sword games won't seem to play BS2.

I ran the installer then got rid of everything apart from CLUSTERS and sword2 (and statup.inf, where the problem is) and then re-encoded the Music and Speech using the tools, when trying to run it the console screams at me about a load of unrecognised strings in startup.inf and then plays BS1 instead.
Last edited by iPwnzorz on Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Nevermind - Extra path was set to an empty cutscenes folder.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Sold-Out/Mastertronic DVD

Post by eriktorbjorn »

iPwnzorz wrote: I ran the installer then got rid of everything apart from CLUSTERS and sword2 (and statup.inf, where the problem is) and then re-encoded the Music and Speech using the tools, when trying to run it the console screams at me about a load of unrecognised strings in startup.inf
The startup.inf file should be a text file containing a list of numbers, one on each line. I've heard rumors of it being wrong in some release of the game (though for some reason I thought it was simply missing). It's only used for debugging though, so you should be able to safely remove it.

The file you describe sounds more like a copy of cd.inf, though I could be mistaken about that.
iPwnzorz wrote:and then plays BS1 instead.
Now that's just plain weird. Even if you had put the data files from both games in the same folder, Broken Sword 1 and 2 use two completely separate game engines. The Broken Sword 1 doesn't read startup.inf and there's absolutely, positively no way the Broken Sword 2 engine can play Broken Sword 1.

The only explanation I can think of is that the "return to launcher" feature has become a sentient being, bent on destroying the entire human race. And I, for one, welcome our new Skynet overlords.
Last edited by eriktorbjorn on Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

You didn't exchange the entire SVM dev team for LINC did you?!