Getting ScummVM to recognize Legend of Kyrandia Mac CD

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

nabziF

Getting ScummVM to recognize Legend of Kyrandia Mac CD

Post by nabziF »

I have both the DOS and Mac CDs of the original Legend of Kyrandia. ScummVM recognizes the DOS version just fine (in ENG->1 folder). However it does not seem to recognize the equivalent folder on the Mac version; it returns the error "ScummVM could not find any game in the specified directory!".

I compared the files of each, and there are some differences. There are several files (several .wsa, .cps, and .emc, as well as DRAGON.APK) in the Mac folder that are not present in the DOS folder. The other difference I found is that 10 of the files from the Mac version are different file size than from the DOS version.

Was the Mac CD of Legend of Kyrandia ever found to be working with ScummVM (if not "supported")? I also happen to have the Mac CD of Legend of Kyrandia 3, and even though that too doesn't appear on the supported list, it works...so I figured maybe the first game would work too.

(Incidentally to get LoK 3 to work, the contents of the subfolder "HD" must be copied to the main "Malcolm" folder so that all the files are in one folder...it appears ScummVM doesn't check subdirectories for files, in case anyone is having problems with that one.)

Thanks!
clem

Post by clem »

According to the compatibility page entry it should work. Which version of ScummVM are you using?
nabziF

Post by nabziF »

Ah sorry, 0.12.0. Running on Mac OS X.