Restart game

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MacScumm

Restart game

Post by MacScumm »

Hi,

is there a way (maybe with the developer version of ScummVM?) to restart a Scumm-game (in this case Indy3) and play it from the start with the very same current "random settings", like what the inscriptions of the grail in Venice say or whether the grail glows or not?

When I restart pressing F8, all these "settings" are reset and therefor different.

As you might have guessed, I lost some savegames from the beginning of the game. So I will have to play it all over again to finish it ... which would not be all that bad, by the way. :D Even after all these years it's still a really cool game!!

Cheers,
Mac

PS: I know, with ScummVM I could easily save/load myself through trying out every grail in the temple. How lame... :wink:
clem

Re: Restart game

Post by clem »

MacScumm wrote: PS: I know, with ScummVM I could easily save/load myself through trying out every grail in the temple. How lame... :wink:
It's been years since I played through Indy3, but I always thought the correct chalice was always the same one in the end, the most simple looking?
MacScumm

Re: Restart game

Post by MacScumm »

clem wrote:It's been years since I played through Indy3, but I always thought the correct chalice was always the same one in the end, the most simple looking?
That's how it is in the movie: the cup of a carpenter. So it's the plain one made of wood. But in the game they made it a bit more difficult.
I don't think I'd really spoil anything to anybody :wink: , but anyways....

SPOILER

You have to read the inscription in the catacombs in Venice which give you two choices corresponding with two letters/articles in the Grail Diary that came with the game. Entering the vault in Brunwald and looking at the painting of the grail boils this down to either the glowing or non-glowing version of the two of them.

Cheers,
Mac
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

You could try using the debugger (ctrl+d) to go to those rooms:

Inscriptions: room 91
Vault: room 30

And then use your saved game to go back to where you are in the game.
MacScumm

Post by MacScumm »

Cool! :D
That worked. Thanks very much.

Cheers,
Mac