Broken Sword 1 Cutscene Audio Issues

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dust

Broken Sword 1 Cutscene Audio Issues

Post by dust »

The game runs just like it did when I first played it on Windows 95 about 14 years ago. Only problem is the audio during the cutscenes-- I don't hear anything. It would be great to hear how to troubleshoot this. Many thanks to the ScummVM developers.

EDIT: By the by, I'm running ScummVM on a PSP and using the English cutscene package provided by this website.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

I think maybe you need to reencode the audio to a lower bitrate for the psp? but I might be wrong. You should check the stickys in the psp part of the forums.
dust

Post by dust »

The games runs flawlessly (sound, music, animation, everything..) so far from what I've been playing, so I don't think there is really anything wrong from the files I'm using. It just seems like someone is pressing the mute button throughout the intro is all.

(...and I bet there's a really simple solution to this.)
dust

Post by dust »

EDIT: I managed to solve this: The *.ogg files were in the wrong folder. I just moved them to the folder where the "main files" of Broken Sword were in on my PSP, and now it works like a charm. There also was a thread about this just recently on the PSP boards. I did skim through the PSP boards, but not hard enough I guess.

(feel free to delete tbread)