scummvm.ini¿?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

perwel2

scummvm.ini¿?

Post by perwel2 »

I had downloaded the svn version of scummvm...
I had added games and configured it, but.... where the scummvm.ini is saved?

In other versions of scumm I saw that in the ms-dos window apeared: using c:/documets.../user/data/scummvm.ini file
....but in this version, the ms-dos window is black!

sorry 4 my english..
clem

Post by clem »

The SVN version uses the same scummvm.ini as the release version.

I believe it's at

C:\Documents and Settings\loginname\Application Data\ScummVM\scummvm.ini

- but the exact wording changes depending on windows version and login name (guessing here from the names in German XP).

If in doubt, do a file search for scummvm.ini on the whole C: drive.
perwel2

Post by perwel2 »

that folder have a scummvm.ini with only:

Code: Select all

[scummvm]
versioninfo=0.13.0svn
I had added a game and then I had closed scummvm and the file didn't have updated!....and I had deleted that scummvm.ini and the game keeps apearing in scumm

Where's Wally? Where's the scummvm.ini file?
or.... the svn integrate itself the scummvm.ini without creating a scummvm.ini one!?
Collector

Post by Collector »

clem wrote:The SVN version uses the same scummvm.ini as the release version.

I believe it's at

- but the exact wording changes depending on windows version and login name (guessing here from the names in German XP).

If in doubt, do a file search for scummvm.ini on the whole C: drive.
Or on Vista:
  • C:\Users\loginname\AppData\Roaming\ScummVM\scummvm.ini
perwel2

Post by perwel2 »

nope, I'm in xp, and there isn's scummvm.ini
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

perwel2 wrote:nope, I'm in xp, and there isn's scummvm.ini
What do you mean there isn't a scummvm.ini file? Where?

scummvm.ini is stored in this folder for XP systems:

MAKE SURE you substitute "loginname" with the username you log on Windows. So, for user "perwel2" this would be:

C:\Documents and Settings\perwel2\Application Data\ScummVM\scummvm.ini
perwel2

Post by perwel2 »

oooook!!! problem solved!!
the scummvm.ini that have the game that i had added is in C:\WINDOWS
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

now that's weird.
clem

Post by clem »

I think in the beginning the scummvm.ini was in %windir%, then it was changed sometime within the last 2yrs to be in the application folder - I think if scummvm.ini is found in %windir% that is used for backward compatibility - in any other case a new scummvm.in is created at the app data location.

What I don't understand is why ScummVM didn't print out the status message detailing where it loaded the file from in the status window.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

clem wrote:I think in the beginning the scummvm.ini was in %windir%, then it was changed sometime within the last 2yrs to be in the application folder - I think if scummvm.ini is found in %windir% that is used for backward compatibility - in any other case a new scummvm.in is created at the app data location.

What I don't understand is why ScummVM didn't print out the status message detailing where it loaded the file from in the status window.
The status message is no longer printed in the current SVN version (though I'm not sure about the rationale behind this)
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

clem wrote:What I don't understand is why ScummVM didn't print out the status message detailing where it loaded the file from in the status window.
That status message was removed due to code restructures, and the long amount of time that has passed.

The location of the configuration file is explained in the README file, if people would only read it.
perwel2

Post by perwel2 »

Code: Select all

8.0) Configuration file:
---- -------------------
By default, the configuration file is saved in, and loaded from:
        Windows 2000/XP:
        \Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\ScummVM\scummvm.ini,
and this is not for me...
i had deleted a scummvm.ini that i had in the aplication data folder, I had deleted the scummvm.ini that I had in winxp dir... and then I had added a game.. and the scummvm.in is created in...... and the winner is....winxp dir!!!

this hapens for me in the svn (jan 11 2009 - 18:01:14)

why!?
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

perwel2 wrote: why!?
The Windows version not been detected correctly, is the only reason I could think of, but I don't know how that could even occur.

The 'ScummVM' directory shouldn't even be created at '\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\', if that occurs though.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I'm getting the same. I noticed it just before I hit the sack yesterday/earlier.
Yesterday I done some general house keeping on my PC. Uninstalled a whole bunch of stuff, Registry clean, Defrag etc as well as deleting the .ini as it's what I usually do when tidying up the PC.
After I downloaded the 0.13 svn 11 Jan. I "added", and played a little, Bud Tucker and went to check the .ini. The folder is in Documents... but the actual .ini is in Windows. This is WinXP.
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

I can't reproduce the problem under Windows XP Media Centre 2005 (with Service Pack 3).

Are you sure you are deleting the right file? if file extensions are hidden (default setting) in Windows Explorer, you need to delete 'scummvm' (not scummvm.ini), from the Windows directory.