FMTowns Japanese Titles

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

koalix

FMTowns Japanese Titles

Post by koalix »

This is more a curiosity than a help issue. I was dumping my towns cds and I saw that every time i try to start a japanese game, the engine stops...

This is expected?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Which games in particular?

As the FMTowns games are quite rare and if available expensive like hell, only very few copies of those are available to the ScummVM devs, thus no one really has the chance to do fixes.

If you provide more information and maybe even a bug report to the tracker, a dev with a copy of the game may be able to help you out!
edgerX

Post by edgerX »

Maybe you need the Kanji fonts in the ScummVM folder.

Here's a tutorial to create the fonts: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/HOWTO-FMT_FNT

Update: Maybe this works better ;D http://sharebee.com/a34ad29b
koalix

Post by koalix »

Here the games I found:

Loom - Doesn't Work in Japanese
Indiana Jones - Doesn't Work
Monkey Island 1 - Doesn't Work

I know that I have more games here, but since I'm a collector of consoles/computers, you can imagine how some medias are lost in my house.

Which kind of info or data do the developers need for this?

Best

-------------------------

After I got the font, the problem changed... Now the games works, but the sound don't. The audio tracks are ok, but not the voice. I turned on my FM to test and everything is working well.

Best,
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

I think they need the actual original copy of the games in their hands, but that doesn't guarantee that someone will work on them straight away:)
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

koalix wrote:After I got the font, the problem changed... Now the games works, but the sound don't. The audio tracks are ok, but not the voice. I turned on my FM to test and everything is working well.
Well the only FM-TOWNS game that would actually have speech, is Indiana Jones 4.
koalix

Post by koalix »

And was the one I tested... The audio is strange (only on japanese version) and the text sometimes doesn't disappear after displaying.

Best