CD music/spech in lost in time.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Simplex

Post by Simplex »

I was wondering about possibility of somehow switching one of the non-English languages in CD version with English subtitles from the floppy version - if it is possible at all. This would allow to have both speech ans subtitles at the same time.
Some early games with speech often had this "feature" that when you had speech in English, there were no subtitles in English (e.g. Freddy Pharkas) - this is bad for foreigners.
If subtitles for each language were in separate file this probably would be easy but I guess it it not the case.

I will ask the seller to replace the disc with a good one so I hope I will have the audio soon.
id1402

Eye based length detection

Post by id1402 »

To make sure that your CD doesn't have an audio track you can look at the lower side of the CD. With good light and right angle you can detect the end of the last track on the CD (difference of light reflection between written and unwritten area). When there is the 52:47 audio track on the CD, then you should see the border between written and unwritten area outside next to the edge of the CD. When there actually isn't audio on CD, you should detect the border near the hole of the CD.
Koru-chan

Post by Koru-chan »

Read that wrong: disregard post.
Simplex

Re: Eye based length detection

Post by Simplex »

id1402 wrote:When there is the 52:47 audio track on the CD, then you should see the border between written and unwritten area outside next to the edge of the CD. When there actually isn't audio on CD, you should detect the border near the hole of the CD.
I did it and it proved that there is no audio track.