Certain Speech works, but not all is audible.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Nogert

Certain Speech works, but not all is audible.

Post by Nogert »

Ok I've cheked the FAQ and searched but some stuff I uncouvered was very confusing I'm new to this.

Basically I can't hear some speech on games ran through Scummvm. For example.

Sam and Max hit the road, I can hear the speech on the intro sequence with the mad scinetist, but the second that's over and they are in the office all I see is subtitles and the speech dissapears.

The same with DAy of the Tenctacle, I can hear the speech when it's a cutscene, but once I'm on my own and interacting with things all I see are the subtitles.

Now with both games I hear all music and soudn effects perfectly it's just this problem of speech only working in the main cutscenes.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

How did you compress your MONSTER.SOU ? Is your compression method supported in the version you use?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Re: Certain Speech works, but not all is audible.

Post by md5 »

Nogert wrote:Ok I've cheked the FAQ and searched but some stuff I uncouvered was very confusing I'm new to this.

Sam and Max hit the road, I can hear the speech on the intro sequence with the mad scinetist, but the second that's over and they are in the office all I see is subtitles and the speech dissapears.

The same with DAy of the Tenctacle, I can hear the speech when it's a cutscene, but once I'm on my own and interacting with things all I see are the subtitles.

Now with both games I hear all music and soudn effects perfectly it's just this problem of speech only working in the main cutscenes.
The floppy versions of these two games only got speech during the introduction, not in-game. Only the CD-ROM versions got speech through the whole game
Nogert

Post by Nogert »

md5 wrote:
Nogert wrote:Ok I've cheked the FAQ and searched but some stuff I uncouvered was very confusing I'm new to this.

The floppy versions of these two games only got speech during the introduction, not in-game. Only the CD-ROM versions got speech through the whole game
Ah right, well that solves that lol.

Erm quick follow up question, can I run the CD rom versions of the game through scumm? Because I'm trying to get the games on my DS.
As for monster.sou I have no idea what that is lol.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Nogert wrote: As for monster.sou I have no idea what that is lol.
It's the name of the file that contains the speech in some LucasArts games.