i have no mouth - keeps crashing

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sblaise84
Got a warning

Post by sblaise84 »

ok when i played ihnm on my pc, all the problems were solved. actually i think I'm just gonna play it on my pc because I noticed a lot of objects I couldn't click on in my android version. Also, conversations appear to crash the game or freeze it on the dialog screen and any animations that SHOULD appear don't. (Ex: at the castle playing as ted; when I speak to ellen, she responds the same to each question, and when I end the conversation she DIES. I got past my conversation with her on pc. Also when I speak to the maid the game crashes and goes back to home screen.) My other games work pretty well.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

sblaise84 wrote:ok when i played ihnm on my pc, all the problems were solved. actually i think I'm just gonna play it on my pc because I noticed a lot of objects I couldn't click on in my android version. Also, conversations appear to crash the game or freeze it on the dialog screen and any animations that SHOULD appear don't. (Ex: at the castle playing as ted; when I speak to ellen, she responds the same to each question, and when I end the conversation she DIES. I got past my conversation with her on pc. Also when I speak to the maid the game crashes and goes back to home screen.) My other games work pretty well.
*sigh* have you actually got the latest version of ScummVM? All these problems that you mention should be solved in the latest version (stable and unstable). So you'll just have to wait till the Android port is updated
sblaise84
Got a warning

Post by sblaise84 »

sblaise84 wrote:ok when i played ihnm on my pc, all the problems were solved. actually i think I'm just gonna play it on my pc because I noticed a lot of objects I couldn't click on in my android version.
As stated, the pc version works perfectly for me. I was relating my findings so that Gus or anyone else interested would know what the SAGA engine's doing on the current android build. If you feel my posts are annoying I won't bother coming on the site anymore. I kind of get the feeling you and the other dev's are being a little condescending and I don't appreciate it when I'm simply showing support/enthusiasm for this software on my phone.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

- A dev told you that SAGA bugs are fixed in the latest development tree.
- You use an older build (which still has the bugs).
- Not much else can be done at this point, except for you to update your scummvm (if that build exists).

Talking about an already fixed bug is not that interesting to devs I guess ;-)
sblaise84
Got a warning

Post by sblaise84 »

Once again: I was comparing the android version to the current pc version to point out the bugs that still exist on android. :?
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

Then go bug whoever builds the android binary. Not the devs.
Or better: build your own binary.

The bugs are fixed. Nothing more can be done than building a binary.
sblaise84
Got a warning

Post by sblaise84 »

A) I'm not a programmer so I'm not building a binary. B) the developer of the android version reads these threads. C) I'm posting on a forum that encourages reporting bugs and issues between different versions. D) I didn't realize you were the developers personal cheerleader so if you don't like my post don't read it.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

sblaise84 wrote:A) I'm not a programmer so I'm not building a binary. B) the developer of the android version reads these threads. C) I'm posting on a forum that encourages reporting bugs and issues between different versions. D) I didn't realize you were the developers personal cheerleader so if you don't like my post don't read it.
Hey, chill out. The person who did the Android port will release his port when he's ready. In the meantime, there's not much you can do with I Have No Mouth other than wait for a new version of ScummVM for Android, which will have all these bugs sorted out.

No reason to moan, no reason to bitch about it, especially to people who are trying to point out what the current situation is. The bugs you mention have been fixed, so someone needs to build a new binary from the source, simple as that. What you can do to help is mention bugs that you see in the latest version of ScummVM :) There's not much we can do with the version you got, unfortunately.

So unless you can build your own version for Android, there's not much to do now than wait. Please accept that.
sblaise84
Got a warning

Post by sblaise84 »

Not trying to be an ass or anything I was just concluding my thread (which IS called "I have no mouth - keeps crashing"; so that IS what's discussed in this thread, correct?) by sayin I would play it on my pc and pointing out exactly what was wrong with the android version. (And yes, I know its not an official port, and the fixes SHOULD be added to the android ver by Gus at some point.) Sheesh. :shock:
Max Power

I didn't know whether I should start a new thread or...

Post by Max Power »

Hello!

Just want to give the readers a heads up this post may contain spoilers.

I'm finding that SCUMMVM crashes to desktop 100% of the time when I enter a certain room in Ellen's adventure. The room in question is downstairs through the secret wall\statue room\armatron room\relics room\far door on the right.

I am running SCUMMVM 1.3.0 on Windows 7 64.

I have seen several posts saying the game is completable, so I wonder if there's something on my end or a weird compatibility issue?

Thanks for your time,

Max
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: I didn't know whether I should start a new thread or...

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Max Power wrote: I'm finding that SCUMMVM crashes to desktop 100% of the time when I enter a certain room in Ellen's adventure. The room in question is downstairs through the secret wall\statue room\armatron room\relics room\far door on the right.
The most helpful thing would probably be to file a bug report in the bug tracker and attach a savegame near the problem. That would help others reproduce the exact circumstances.
Max Power

Post by Max Power »

I can do that for you!