i am completely lost!

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cyonge

i am completely lost!

Post by cyonge »

i know that we are not suppose to repeat questions but i am new here and i am trying to play my sam and max hit the road game on the scummvm i just downloaded. ive read the FAQ and scrolled through the board but i cant find the answer im looking for.

basically, im just trying to figure out how to work this thing. i have the sam and max hit the road cd and and i have the scummvm program but i dont know where to start to get the game to work. what do i need to do to play the game on scummvm? and i dont know if it matters or not but i have windows vista. please and thank u. i am getting super frustrated trying to figure this out.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

sigh.
ever tried reading the README?

1. Create a folder on your hard drive.

2. Copy the game datafiles on your Sam'n Max cd over to this folder.

3. Install ScummVM, start it up, choose 'Add game', select the folder with the game datafiles and press 'Choose'.

4. Configure settings if you wish to and press 'Start'.
cyonge

Post by cyonge »

thanx and yea i looked at the readme, i think i just got too frustrated with it
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Could the scummVM team please make Jonathans answer sticky in Help and Support?
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

I think it would be better to add a new "Quick start" section to the beginning of our README, containing more or less what Jonatan said. Somehow it never occurred to us that it might help people if we described the obvious :-).

And then when ScummVM is started for the first time, display a dialog saying "What is the 3rd word in 4th paragraph of the 2nd section of the ScummVM README?" before letting the user continue ;).

UPDATE: I just did the first part (well, I rewrote the text, but it was inspired by Jonathan's version). Also made some other tweaks to the README while I was at it.
Now to add that dialog... :)
Collector

Post by Collector »

fingolfin wrote:Now to add that dialog... :)
Including the sigh?
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

fingolfin wrote:UPDATE: I just did the first part (well, I rewrote the text, but it was inspired by Jonathan's version). Also made some other tweaks to the README while I was at it.
Now to add that dialog... :)
Absolutely capital!
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

yay. readme fame:)

and it's Jonatan, not JonatHan.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

fingolfin wrote:And then when ScummVM is started for the first time, display a dialog saying "What is the 3rd word in 4th paragraph of the 2nd section of the ScummVM README?" before letting the user continue ;).
I think that was clem's master plan :P