wii port and usb storage

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mazen

wii port and usb storage

Post by Mazen »

hi iv got scumm running on my wii without a problem, bass plays like a dream and i've been loving it. I recently ripped full throttle off my cd and copied it to my usb drive in the hopes of running it from that but when i go to choose games to add it will only allow me to browse the contents of my sd card. I know usb is supported, and i know my usb drive works with the wii so is there a trick im missing somewhere? Im running the latest version of wii scumm vm from thursday night 0.14 i believe. Thanks for your help folks.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

ScummVM add game functions will only display the folder, not the game files if that is what you mean...?
In which case, it is enough to select the appropriate game folder.
Mazen

Post by Mazen »

yeah i know that, but in the scumm vm file browser its only picking up my sd card for selecting game folders and not my usb harddrive. Since my sd card is too wee to hold full throttle and im sure i read somewhere that scumm vm works with external hard drives i was hoping it would all work straight off the bat.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Well, that might be true for the win32 edition of ScummVM, but a lot of things are port specific, and as I don\t have a Wii, I\m not sure. You should actually ask this in the Wii subsection of the forums.
Mazen

Post by Mazen »

ah right sorry. Id read in the wii port section that it was possible, and i posted here as i thought it was for help n support on all versions. Would a mod be able to move this post to the appropriate forum?
To give more details im attempting to run it thru a duel partitioned usb harddrive.
Thanks so far
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

It's not wrong posting your question here,not as such. It's just that there is a bigger chance of someone knowing(like the Wii porter) the solution to your problem reading that section of the forums.