Legend of Kyrandia 3 help...

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tidanlikida

Legend of Kyrandia 3 help...

Post by tidanlikida »

I'm sure this has been asked a bunch of times, but I really need help with getting this game to run. I've copied the MALCOLM folder to a folder on the C:\, and copied WESTWOOD.001 to the folder too...but I still can't get it to run. The error message I keep getting with it is:

Your game version appears to be unknown. Please, report the following data to the ScummVM team along with the name of the game you tried to add and it's version/language/etc.:
"WESTWOOD.001", "77d57fda89e392898e618ef6fc594d43", 10898938

Any ideas? Is there a certain version of ScummVM you need to run the game on? I have the latest build, which would be...ScummVM 0.13.0

I have no problems getting LoK and LoK:HoF to run on ScummVM. It's just Malcolm's Revenge I can't get to work. Please help! I really want to play the final game in the series.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

As far as I remember, the The Legend of Kyrandia 3 is detected by the md5 of the ONETIME.PAK file, and the presence of the WESTWOOD.001 file is used to know that this is the DOS CD version (the md5 is not used).

The message that you get (where it prints the md5 of WESTWOOD.001, which is used to detect the kyrandia 2 game) make me think that ScummVM didn't find the ONETIME.PAK file or that it was corrupted. Check that this file is in your MALCOM folder and if it is there maybe you can try to copy it again from the CD in case it got corrupted.

You need at least ScummVM version 0.12.0 to run this game, therefore 0.13.0 should be fine.

Edit: and this is indeed the message that I get if I remove ONETIME.PAK from the MALCOM folder and try to add the game in ScummVM.
tidanlikida

Post by tidanlikida »

Thanks for that. It's working now. It was missing that one file. Thanks loads for that! Appreciate it!
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

Just check this list next time.
And when in doubt just copy everything :)