scumm doesen`t load brokensword 2 cutscenes

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

banan

scumm doesen`t load brokensword 2 cutscenes

Post by banan »

hi have just built scummvm 0.13.0 on my ubuntu system from the sourcecode i downloaded from the downloads section.From there i have also downloaded brokensword 1 and 2 cutsences packs.the weird thing is that scumm loads the intro for broken1 but not the intro for broken2.I have followed the instructions and put all the .dxa and .fla files from the cutscenes pack in a folder called video and put that in the games folder.It works in broken1 but not in broken2 does anybody know how to solve this?
if it helps this is how my .config file looked before i built scumm

Running ScummVM configure...
Looking for C++ compiler... g++
Checking for compiler version... 4.3.2, ok
Checking endianness... little
Type with 1 byte... char
Type with 2 bytes... short
Type with 4 bytes... int
Running on x86... yes
Checking hosttype... linux-gnu
Alignment required... no
Checking whether building plugins was requested... no
Checking for Ogg Vorbis... yes
Checking for Tremor... no (Ogg Vorbis/Tremor support is mutually exclusive)
Checking for FLAC >= 1.0.1... yes
Checking for MAD... yes
Checking for ALSA >= 0.9... yes
Checking for zlib... yes
Checking for libmpeg2 >= 0.3.2... yes
Checking for libfluidsynth... yes
Checking for nasm... /usr/bin/nasm

Engines (builtin):
SCUMM [all games]
AGI
AGOS
Cinematique evo 1
Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back
Gobli*ns
Groovie
Legend of Kyrandia
Lure of the Temptress
Parallaction
Flight of the Amazon Queen
SAGA [ITE] [IHNM]
Beneath a Steel Sky
Broken Sword 1 (w/ mpeg2 cutscenes)
Broken Sword 2 (w/ mpeg2 cutscenes)
Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer
Bud Tucker in Double Trouble

Engines Skipped:
Cinematique evo 2
Igor: Objective Uikokahonia
M4/MADS
MADE
SAGA [SAGA 2 games]
Tinsel

Backend... sdl, assembly routines, HQ scalers, MT-32 emu
Looking for sdl-config... /usr/bin/sdl-config

Creating config.h
Creating config.mk

Ooops! just noticed when i pasted the config that it says
(w/ mpeg2 cutscenes) on both broken1 and broken2 engines. Maybe thats the problem cause i dont have the mpeg cutscenes only the .dxa ones.If thats the case how can i fix it so that scumm uses the .dxa ones instead?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: scumm doesen`t load brokensword 2 cutscenes

Post by eriktorbjorn »

banan wrote: Ooops! just noticed when i pasted the config that it says
(w/ mpeg2 cutscenes) on both broken1 and broken2 engines. Maybe thats the problem cause i dont have the mpeg cutscenes only the .dxa ones.If thats the case how can i fix it so that scumm uses the .dxa ones instead?
No, that just means that ScummVM uses the low-quality MPEG cutscenes, if it can find them. If it works for Broken Sword 1, there isn't any reason you shouldn't also be able to get it to work with Broken Sword 2. The first cutscene it should play is the "eye" one, follow by "intro".

Have you double-checked that the video folder for Broken Sword 2 is in the directory you pointed ScummVM to when adding the game? (You can check what the Game Path setting is in the Edit Game dialog.)
HeyItsThatGuy

Post by HeyItsThatGuy »

I had a similar problem when I put the Broken Sword games on my iPod Touch. The cutscenes would play properly by default for the first game, but not for the second. I found that if I manually pointed the "Extras" path toward the video folder, they worked fine.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

HeyItsThatGuy wrote:I had a similar problem when I put the Broken Sword games on my iPod Touch. The cutscenes would play properly by default for the first game, but not for the second. I found that if I manually pointed the "Extras" path toward the video folder, they worked fine.
Sounds like they weren't in any folder where ScummVM would look by default, then. The Broken Sword 2 engine looks in the folder you pointed it to when adding the game (of course), and in folders named "clusters", "sword2" or "video" inside that folder. (The development version also looks in "smacks", but I guess that's a recent addition.)
HeyItsThatGuy

Post by HeyItsThatGuy »

The files were in the "video" folder, which I'm pretty sure is where they're meant to be. Like I said, I managed to get them working, but I thought this info would help the developers or anyone who runs into the same issue.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

HeyItsThatGuy wrote:The files were in the "video" folder, which I'm pretty sure is where they're meant to be.
That works for me, without using the extra path. I've only tried running ScummVM on an ordinary computer, though.