Broken Sword cutscene

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ccarroll321

Broken Sword cutscene

Post by ccarroll321 »

Hi fellas,

I've included all the data files in the dir, but the cutscenes don't play. Anybody know a solution?

Also, I can't seem to get scumm to run this game with a 3x filter. :(

Thanks

aha, just found the cutscene pack, lets try it out!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Broken Sword cutscene

Post by eriktorbjorn »

ccarroll321 wrote: Also, I can't seem to get scumm to run this game with a 3x filter. :(
If you set a filter specifically for the game, with the Edit Game dialog, it should work. Since most of the games that ScummVM supports ran at 320x200 pixels originally, it's generally assumed that the default scaler, set in the Options dialog, only applies to them and not to games that used a higher resolution.

The Broken Sword games ran at 640x480 pixels, so a 3x scaler would be 1920x1440 pixels. You have a large monitor, I presume.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

I think the .SMK files on the original disc can be used if you use an SVN build. (That's the case with BS2 anyway. I only have BS1 in the Broken Sword Trilogy set and it contains the DXA files instead of SMK files.)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Graxer wrote:I think the .SMK files on the original disc can be used if you use an SVN build.
It should, but I don't know how well tested it is. There's one known problem.

But it wouldn't be a development version if there weren't a few bugs, right? ;)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Graxer wrote:I think the .SMK files on the original disc can be used if you use an SVN build.
It should, but I don't know how well tested it is. There's one known problem.

But it wouldn't be a development version if there weren't a few bugs, right? ;)
The Smacker player works fine. The problem with slow (~1sec) loading does not mean that the player is problematic, but that it's not optimized yet.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

md5 wrote: The Smacker player works fine. The problem with slow (~1sec) loading does not mean that the player is problematic, but that it's not optimized yet.
I timed it a bit more carefully, and it was actually a little over 3 seconds for the Broken Sword 2 intro. That's slightly worrying on what claims to be a 3.4 GHz CPU. However, there were some optimizations earlier today which has brought down the delay to a little over 100 milliseconds. It would be interesting to know how it performs on low-end hardware, though.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

With the latest SVN build it seems to work almost intsantaneously on my 2.2GHz single core processor. It's not exactly low end admittedly.