Interesting interview with Revolution Software (BASS 2)

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Graxer

Interesting interview with Revolution Software (BASS 2)

Post by Graxer »

In the latest issue of Official Nintendo Magazine (Issue 44) the founder of Revolution Software, Charles Cecil, said a few interesting things.
Charles Cecil wrote:"We've talked about Beneath A Steel Sky 2 for years, but now it's been great discussing ideas together. It could be that we start on Beneath A Steel Sky 2, or something completely original. I'd love to do it again. There are more Broken Swords too, but it is very much dependant on how The Director's Cut performs. There's definately a reawakening of the adventure genre happening, so the next few years are going to be interesting."
Charles Cecil wrote:I don't think there has ever been a better time in our industry's history for these kinds of opportunities. With digital distrubution, WiiWare and DSiWare, there's a great chance to get your product into as many hands as possible, I respect what developers for the PS3 and Xbox 360 are doing, and they've got the budgets for that and all that entails. But I'm much more interested in pick-up-and-play games. I'm very much nailing my colours to that mast.
Next to the article ONM list three games that we could see remade, they are Lure of the Temptress, Beneath A Steel Sky and Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Sweet! Awesome things are happening!
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

Pffff.. Wii... Pfffff... Wake me when he talks about it coming to the PS3 or Xbox360.. They are also good enough for playing adventures, so we can enjoy the games at least in a better resolution..
raina

Post by raina »

It's interesting seeing the old adventure greats making some sort of a return but seriously, what sort of a backwards world is this where you have to start planning getting a gaming console of some kind to play what used to be the bread and butter of COMPUTER games?
ChickenHound

Post by ChickenHound »

It would be great if BASS had a sequel made, and it would be even better if it was 2D and could be supported by ScummVM. Keep your fingers crossed.
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

ChickenHound wrote:It would be great if BASS had a sequel made, and it would be even better if it was 2D and could be supported by ScummVM. Keep your fingers crossed.
Don't count on it, as the later Broken sword sequels were all in 3D, so will the New BASS then..
Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

SuperDre wrote:Don't count on it, as the later Broken sword sequels were all in 3D, so will the New BASS then..
Not unless they just release it for the DS and Wii like they did with the Broken Sword DC.

Hopefully though, after the announcement of The Secret of Monkey Island - Special Edition and Telltale's success, they may look into episodic gaming. Their games may become available as downloads via their website or Steam etc.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

SuperDre wrote:
ChickenHound wrote:It would be great if BASS had a sequel made, and it would be even better if it was 2D and could be supported by ScummVM. Keep your fingers crossed.
Don't count on it, as the later Broken sword sequels were all in 3D, so will the New BASS then..
There is no way of knowing this, I think I even read in an interview that they had realized that going with 3D in the later BS games was a big mistake and that they wanted to remake them in 2D if the BS DC was a commercial success.