CMI Save Game

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

SimontheSorcerer

CMI Save Game

Post by SimontheSorcerer »

Curse of Monkey Island isn't recognising that I saved my game (I have ScummVM autosaving, and I saved through the F1 menu). I downloaded some save games from World of Monkey Island to try and get back to where I was, but I'm not sure where I put these. Please can someone tell me? The files are in format savegame.00#. (# being a number)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Don't use the F1 menu to save in COMI, use the F5 menu
SimontheSorcerer

Heh, yeah, I read that in another thread after the time.
What about these downloaded save files, can I use them?
SimontheSorcerer

Sorry to bump, but it would be handy if those WorldofMI save files could be used somehow. Does anyone know how?

Or if not, does anyone have a ScummVM-compatible save in Mega-Monkey mode near the part in the game where you take Blondebeard's gold tooth?

Thanks.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

SimontheSorcerer wrote:Sorry to bump, but it would be handy if those WorldofMI save files could be used somehow. Does anyone know how?

Or if not, does anyone have a ScummVM-compatible save in Mega-Monkey mode near the part in the game where you take Blondebeard's gold tooth?

Thanks.
No, the saves from the original COMI interpreter cannot be used with ScummVM.
Scapetti

Post by Scapetti »

You should really think about getting that supported some time... wouldn't that boost the compatibility to 100% :)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Scapetti wrote:You should really think about getting that supported some time... wouldn't that boost the compatibility to 100% :)
Considering the sheer number of games that the SCUMM engine supports (more than 50, I believe, and that's not counting all the different versions of each game, or the demos), getting ScummVM to understand the savegame format for each of them (I don't know how similar they are to each other) seems like a potentially enormous amount of work.

And all it would really do would be to add support for not playing the games with ScummVM. :)
Scapetti

Post by Scapetti »

Better hurry up and get started then, before the task becomes unfeatable :) *joking*

(I looked up that word and found out it doesn't exist but I still like it so tough)
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Or you could do it yourself:P

OR

you could replay the game, from what I gather you are still only in the first chapter, shouldn't take too long, and most certainly be quicker than adding support for something useless.