Day of the Tentacle - ScummVM sound problem

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Tofudragon

Day of the Tentacle - ScummVM sound problem

Post by Tofudragon »

I apologise profusely if this has been posted a million times before, believe me I did search and cannot quite find the advice I am looking for - if I've overlooked a similar thread, please point me in the right direction.

Anyway, after craving a bit of childhood nostalgia I have downloaded a copy of Day of the Tentacle (did have it on disc many, many moons ago). The copy plays fine but lacks that classic sound/dialogue which is essential to the game.

After a bit of google-fu I was advised to download ScummVM to help fix the sound problem (problem I'm having is that only short sound effects are played and first second of voice dialogue).
I have installed ScummVM but the problem I am now faced with is that when I click 'Add Game' and select the DOTT file it says it can't find the game in the directory. I have tried putting the file and folder in program files but this hasn't worked also.

Please, please help - what am I doing wrong? What is stopping me from enjoying this game to it's full? Any advice is greatly appreciated, and I will add step by step guidance would be best I'm not fantastic with computers.

Thank you in advance!
Tofudragon

Post by Tofudragon »

Oh dear - I've just 'double clicked' and got it working. I'm so sorry for wasting your time, I'm a noob - show me the door!

Have a good weekend all!
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Hi there

Make sure that the folder where you installed the game contains all the required data files. Check this page for more information:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... e_Tentacle
Mud

Re: Day of the Tentacle - ScummVM sound problem

Post by Mud »

Tofudragon wrote:Anyway, after craving a bit of childhood nostalgia I have downloaded a copy of Day of the Tentacle (did have it on disc many, many moons ago). The copy plays fine but lacks that classic sound/dialogue which is essential to the game.
Forum rule #0
Tofudragon

Post by Tofudragon »

md5 wrote:Hi there

Make sure that the folder where you installed the game contains all the required data files. Check this page for more information:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... e_Tentacle
All there thank you, I was doing the right thing and just not double clicking to go through the files. Trust me I'm kicking myself for not realizing.

Thanks for the help though!
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Oops, just noticed forum rule #0 breach... locking