Sometime In The Future....

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

simplesimon

Sometime In The Future....

Post by simplesimon »

Is there any plans of incorporating the any of the Legend Entertainment games in ScummVM. Also it would be nice to see some of the early Interplay games like: Tass Times In Toontown, Borrowed Time, Neuromancer & Mindshadow. Preferably the Amiga versions since they are far superior to the dos versions in every way.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Please read the FAQ before posting (specifically question 2.2), and also the many many existing threads dealing with similar requests for new games being added.
simplesimon

Post by simplesimon »

I wasn't asking for these games to be made available, I was asking IF they were in the works.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Notice the sub-forum The Junkyard has a sub-header

"All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion"

Maybe see what you can pick up there first in the threads and with a search. Between that and the ScummVM team's blogs you'll get a good idea of what's planned.
simplesimon

Post by simplesimon »

Seems like a generalized discussion topic to me. If it's that big of a deal maybe this part of the forum should be changed to Specified Discussion. 8)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

I can't verify it myself, but judging by earlier discussion the games have some common framework. However, the actual game logic is mostly hard-coded, which means that if you made an engine that could run one of the games, getting the next one to run would still be a lot of work.

Or so I've been told.